Setting up exchange

spillner

Reaction score
Ok so I wanna try syncing my exchange email to my phone. I go to Corporate sync, enter my email address, my password (that I use for exchange), my domain name and my user name. Evevrytime I try it says "login to account failed". Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

cobjones

Reaction score
Make sure their is a slash (\) before or after the domain.. I can't remember.

Sent from Cyanodroid 2

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I had mine setup and working but recently removed the account because of battery use. I remember having to play around with several things to get it to work. Theres always an issue with whether to use a fully qualified domain name or a simple name and whether to add the domain name before the username. I went through all these options until I got it to work. If I remember correctly, it was simple domain name and no domain before the username. I don't remember having to use a back-slash (\, not /), but my memory is not that good right now.

One issue I had with my d1 was that I had to remove the old entry from my account before any application could add a new one. I had tried several since the corporate email wouldn't reliably push. Before I could test each application I had to remove the phone using the webmail client.

REMilk

Reaction score
I had this same problem. I let the free trial version of "Touchdown" work it out for me.

To get the correct settings for Exchange, I let the app "Touchdown" do the work. Using Touchdown, I just entered my corporate email address and Password, then click the "Auto [something or other]" button and Touchdown connected with the server and captured all the correct settings.

I then copied these settings into the eMail App (corporate) and I had access to my mail server from the native Android App.

A frequent problem is that the real name of your corporate server may not be what you are given from your IT department. They may give you and aliased name which the native email app cannot handle. Touchdown locates and stores the actual server name.

BTW, I used both Touchdown and the native app. I opted to pay for "Touchdown" as it integrates many Exchange functions including email, calendar, corporate contacts, etc. much better than the native apps. I also like to keep "work" and "personal" separate.

I now use Touchdown exclusively for Exchange functions.

Bob

enb123

Reaction score
There's a workaround for this, and better yet, a fix coming. Basically, you configure the D3's corporate email using your gmail account info, then once it's connected, you enter your actual Exchange info. and it connects to your work email. I've no idea why that works, but it's easy enough to do and after that it functions perfectly. Here's a link:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/53832