Setting default home screen w/ JB

ripper2860

Reaction score
1st of all -- Honest. I've done a search and it's either not out there or I'm a lousy Googler

So here is my question ...

I have 5 that I have setup and organized to my liking. The middle screen is my main screen and I have 2 to either side of it. How can I designate the middle screen as the default "home" screen when pressing the home button? It seems to want to go the the far left screen when I press the home button. I know I can do this in Nova, but I really want to stick with the default JB launcher for now.

Thanks!!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
from your home screen hit your menu button... Then select edit page.. Then move the little house icon to the page you want as the home page.

OP
ripper2860

ripper2860

Reaction score
from your home screen hit your menu button... Then select edit page.. Then move the little house icon to the page you want as the home page.

Thanks, but I don't see a way to execute on your instructions from the STOCK JB launcher. I cannot find an menu key when on my home page, EDIT page, or even HOUSE icon in the MANAGE pages section. I'm running STOCK JB, in case I confused matters by referring to Nova Launcher

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
The menu is the soft key at the bottem.... Should be lit up when you touch the screen... Should be next to the home button if I remember the RAZR layout.

OP
ripper2860

ripper2860

Reaction score
The menu is the soft key at the bottom.... Should be lit up when you touch the screen... Should be next to the home button if I remember the RAZR layout.

Call me a dumb-ass, but there is no menu soft key that I can see. There are only 3 -- RETURN/BACK KEY, HOME KEY, and a RECENT APPS KEY. There's no "..." menu key like in other sections/programs. I touch the screen on any home screen and there is no menu softkey that appears. :/

In case it matters, I'm running JB 4.1.1

Last edited:

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I am sorry the HD has a different layout from the maxx...... Try to press and hold the back or home button and see if maybe that brings up a menu or gives you options....

OP
ripper2860

ripper2860

Reaction score
I am sorry the HD has a different layout from the maxx...... Try to press and hold the back or home button and see if maybe that brings up a menu or gives you options....

No problem. I was starting to think I was a complete idiot. I could set it with ICS and with Nova on my Maxx, but cannot find how to do this w/ JB on my HD. Long Pressing the BACK key does nothing and Long Pressing HOME launches Google NOW. Geez, if there's no way to do this it's kind of a step back from ICS. Confusing to say the least. Go figure. :/

Thanks!!

Last edited:
OP
ripper2860

ripper2860

Reaction score
I'm afraid I'm going to have to back-track on my statement, as the more I think about it, the more I believe it was the Nova Launcher running on ICS that brought that feature along.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I read in a review the home screen will always be on the left on the RAZR HD with jb stock launcher.

This is correct. You can switch the order of pages by swiping to the far right and selecting the Manage pages button at the bottom, and then pressing and holding the page you wish to move and once it "disconnects" and begins floating with your finger, dragging it to the new position. By doing this, and dragging it to the far left you can set another screen as your default home screen, but it still must be the left-most screen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
ripper2860

ripper2860

Reaction score
Drats!!! I was hoping to have my main screen in the middle and 2 to each side to minimize the amount of screens I have to go through. Maybe next update, Google will implement. If it had that, I wouldn't need an alternate launcher.

Thanks, everyone!!