SetCPU speeds?

t4l3ntz

Reaction score
So I'm playing around with my newly rooted inc and I downloaded setCPU so I could underclock it to save some battery when I turn it off and when the battery gets low. I don't know what to put as the max and min for the profiles I want to make. I searched on Google but found nothing specific for the inc. Can anybody help me?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
T

t4l3ntz

Reaction score
I'm switching between the stock Rom and ruby 2.0

Incredibilly

Reaction score
Try Hydra kernels. They work great with the stock Rom. The cool part of the overclock kernels is they also under volt when your phone is in sleep mode.
I had some fc issues with the 1.15Ghz oc kernel. So I switched to the 1.113Ghz oc. I've been running it for a month now and am very happy with performance.

Plus you get wireless tether with Hydra oc kernels.

sent from my Incredible Andriod phone using DroidForums App.

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
I just rooted my incredible and I don't want to install custom roms or kernels. Will I still be able to benefit from installing set cpu with the stock kernel? I would like to be able to set profiles and under clock to preserve battery life.

keith4321

Reaction score
Yea, I'm with The_Other_Ray on this I don't want a custom rom I like my launcher pro, but I would like to set the profiles so I could conserve battery. Would you still have to have a different kernel and can i still use LP?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can use Launcher Pro on any ROM- not just stock. There are a few exceptions (ROMs that have a different launcher built in) but they're few and far between.

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
how is the battery life on the Hydra kernel?

It seems as though the stock kernel for my incredible isn't doing what I want it to be doing (underclocking, saving battery).

keith4321

Reaction score
ii have the stock kernel i believe 2.6.32.17. i rooted and installed setcpu i've researched several profiles and i believe i have them set decent, but do i need to go ahead and install a different kernel? if so can i do that with out installing a different rom?

NiZmoStormTrooper

Reaction score
i have pretty much the same question.. can you run setcpu and overclock on a stock rom and kernel?