Set Your S7 or S7 Edge to AutoRestart For Optimal Performance

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It is common knowledge that the longer an electronic device runs without a reboot the slower it tends to get. This can also be said for smartphones. Back in the day when blackberries were popular I can remember always needing to pull my battery to get a fresh start.

You won't be able to pull the S7 or S7 Edge battery to get a fresh start. What you can do is set the device to autorestart. The autorestart will take place at 3am on mondays by default. To enable the autorestart go to settings, then go to backup and restart, next under device management click on Auto restart, toggle the button from off to on, enjoy an optimized faster device.

via Sammobile

Reactions: cr6

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Woohoo I miss the daily Blackberry reboots. I don't think this is really needed for Android. I can't think of a slowdown on my phone that wasn't caused by an Application. Once the application was forced stop, all was good.

JKZ

Reaction score
I don't see that setting on mine. I'm on Verizon, maybe it's missing from the Verizon phone?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Caesars

Reaction score
Good info, hopefully I can get my initial power drain figured out. I could just be imagining things, but so far every time I've charged my phone powered off, android system seems to crush the standby time. Compared to when I charge the phone powered on, something odd is going on and it's swaying me away from standard reboots.

Sorry to ramble, 736AM and no coffee yet.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't see that setting on mine. I'm on Verizon, maybe it's missing from the Verizon phone?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I am also on Big Red and also missing this feature.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ha, I remember the days of Droid Maxx where I went almost 2k hours without reboot. That was one stable device.