Service not available Notification

gulch

Reaction score
hello,
The past couple of days I've been getting a notification that says "selected network AT&T not available".
I don't have AT&T, I have Verizon,and I am unable to clear this message.
What should my network mode be? it always prompts me to set it to Global.. does it matter which one I choose?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
It should be CDMA/LTE/EVDO. Are you rooted? Sounds like you have some other issues going on there.... Where did you get the phone from? A Verizon phone should NEVER prompt saying a AT&T network isn't available....

OP
G

gulch

Reaction score
Not rooted,and I'm not a power user, wouldn't know how to root :p
I've had this phone for over a year,and I got it online from Verizon.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Not questioning your experience. I'm just wondering why at&t is showing up also..

OP
G

gulch

Reaction score
Not questioning your experience. I'm just wondering why at&t is showing up also..

I know, I just wanted to state that I'm kind of a noob lol
I appreciate all replies though!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Not rooted,and I'm not a power user, wouldn't know how to root :p
I've had this phone for over a year,and I got it online from Verizon.

The S3 hasn't been out for a year.... Is it an S2 maybe?? Has anyone been messing with it or maybe slipped in a AT&T card on accident.... Do you have any apps installed that didn't come from the Play Store?

OP
G

gulch

Reaction score
The S3 hasn't been out for a year.... Is it an S2 maybe?? Has anyone been messing with it or maybe slipped in a AT&T card on accident.... Do you have any apps installed that didn't come from the Play Store?

Yeah my bad, I've had it since July-ish of 2012

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Ok... I would verify that the network is set to what I posted earlier.... If the issue still persists I would contact VZW and see what they have to say...... Do you have an AT&T repeater in your home or live in an apartment where someone might have one close? I highly doubt something pushing that signal would cause this but I have seen stranger things happen....

OP
G

gulch

Reaction score
Ok... I would verify that the network is set to what I posted earlier.... If the issue still persists I would contact VZW and see what they have to say...... Do you have an AT&T repeater in your home or live in an apartment where someone might have one close? I highly doubt something pushing that signal would cause this but I have seen stranger things happen....

Thanks for your help.
About the repeater,I have no idea, (I live in an apartment complex)
Network mode set to what you said, powered off, and powered back on,and it is gone.
I will post back if it returns, crossing fingers that it doesn't.
Thanks again!

OP
G

gulch

Reaction score
Ok, I'm still getting the pop-up asking me to switch to Global Mode. I'm in Michigan, and never use/need the international ability.
This only happens when I'm at work where my signal is very low. (i work in a machine shop,the building is sheet metal walls and ceiling).
I get this popup if I turn wifi on OR off.
Is there a way to stop this?
Thanks. :)