Seriously VZW .... wow!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the iphone is garbage compared to a droid.. just like AT&T's garbage service.. going back to dropped calls and all the limited bull**** of an iphone just wouldn't be an option for me :( i'll gladly pay my $220 a month for 2 droids. i LOVE this freakin phone. as does my wife.

Come on, Droid's are working their way up there, but they still don't even touch the iPhone. If the iPhone was available back in August when I signed up, I would've gone with it, and I don't even like complete touchscreen phones, but I've played around with the iPhone, and it's an awesome phone, period.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
You Get what you pay for.

Verizon might cost a tad more than others but you get great network service, and in my experience far above average customer support!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the iphone is garbage compared to a droid.. just like AT&T's garbage service.. going back to dropped calls and all the limited bull**** of an iphone just wouldn't be an option for me :( i'll gladly pay my $220 a month for 2 droids. i LOVE this freakin phone. as does my wife.

Come on, Droid's are working their way up there, but they still don't even touch the iPhone. If the iPhone was available back in August when I signed up, I would've gone with it, and I don't even like complete touchscreen phones, but I've played around with the iPhone, and it's an awesome phone, period.

Doesn't hold a candle to the iPhone?? From someone who has owned 3, I have to disagree with that statement. Wanna buy my 3G-S?? ;)

Mortiel

Reaction score
Want to change your plan or start new service but confused by that "proration" term?

You can determine what your own proration is very simply:

Take the full plan price divided by how many days in the month in which the plan should have began multiplied by how many days from the plan change or activation to the end of your cycle = either the prorated charge for a new plan you are going to or the prorated credit for the previous plan you are leaving

EX: New plan is Nationwide Talk & Text 1400
Cycle date is 30
Plan change on Dec 15 (plan would have began in Nov, so I know there are 30 days in this cycle)

$110 (base access) / 30 * 15 = $55 proration

Confusing as hell, isn't it? Why do you think Verizon insists you back-date or future-date any plan change? It tends to be more confusing for them when you make four plans changes on MyVZW all on-demand and end up quadrupling your bill with prorations... Word of advise: NEVER MAKE ANY ON-DEMAND PLAN CHANGES!!! Always go for a back date (to the beginning of the current bill cycle) if you are going to a higher minute plan. Always future date (to the beginning of the next bill cycle) if you are going to a lower minute plan. You will be much happier and less confused.

If you start new service, make those lazy VZW retailers do some work! Request to either be on the bill cycle date matching the day you set up service (preferred), or a cycle date AFTER the date you activate (if the first is not possible).

Sent from my SCH-I400 Continuum

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am going to ATT which may have bad service but I love the iPhone more than I do this phone.

Yes, but what the hell good is a nice phone if the network has bad service? Without good service, you're paying a buttload of money per month for a glorified iPod Touch.

In a way, this sounds like a cleverly disguised iPhone fanboy post to me.

Mortiel

Reaction score

Doesn't hold a candle to the iPhone?? From someone who has owned 3, I have to disagree with that statement. Wanna buy my 3G-S?? ;)

Agreed. Go ahead and file through your fifty pages of app shortcuts. I'll just look at one of my updating widgets and never have to find an open any apps!

Anything the iPhone does, Android does better. iPhone has face time chat from Wi-Fi? The Android-powered MyTouch 4G does it from anywhere.

Not only that, Apple's policies limited the iOS in life span. Android will be around long after any Apple fanboy even remembers the iPhone.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

As much as I love my Droid, the iPhone is far from garbage. On a reliable network, the iPhone would be one hell of a device. You can't really compare an iPhone to a Droid anyways; the iPhone is designed for out of the box experience (much like a gaming console). The Droid is designed to be customized the way YOU want it (much like a PC). Comparing the 2 is like comparing a game console to a PC.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

Again, they're 2 different devices aimed at 2 different markets. No matter how the carriers try to push them, the truth is that they are not comparable. This iPhone vs. everything else crap gets a bit old, newsflash - there is room in the market for more than ONE awesome touchscreen phone. They don't ALL have to have Apple logos on them.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not only that, Apple's policies limited the iOS in life span. Android will be around long after any Apple fanboy even remembers the iPhone.

Don't fool yourself. iOS has been around longer than Android. And it keeps improving. It's not going anywhere in a big hurry. The iPhone will endure just as the entire iPod lineup has. To say different makes YOU sound like the fanboy. Android fanboys are just as irritating as iOS fanboys. Why can't we just decide on our own which device suits us best? For me, the ultimate device would dual-boot between Android and iOS. Why? Because I am a gamer, and Android doesn't TOUCH iOS as a gaming platform. It's getting there, but the catalog of high-end Android games is like going back 6 months in the iOS world.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Don't fool yourself. iOS has been around longer than Android. And it keeps improving. It's not going anywhere in a big hurry. The iPhone will endure just as the entire iPod lineup has. To say different makes YOU sound like the fanboy. Android fanboys are just as irritating as iOS fanboys. Why can't we just decide on our own which device suits us best? For me, the ultimate device would dual-boot between Android and iOS. Why? Because I am a gamer, and Android doesn't TOUCH iOS as a gaming platform. It's getting there, but the catalog of high-end Android games is like going back 6 months in the iOS world.

Well said.

I have bought Apple products, Microsoft products and Android. I love my Mac but there are times I need Windows so I have a VM with Vista installed in my Mac. I love tinkering with my D2 and D1, but I also have an iPad.

I go with what works for me. Would I ever have an iPhone if it ever came to Verizon? No, not so long as I'm a moderator in this Forum. But I don't think they are a piece of garbage or anything like that. I just have no need for one.

Mortiel

Reaction score

Don't fool yourself. iOS has been around longer than Android. And it keeps improving. It's not going animate in a big hurry. The iPhone will endure just as the entire iPod lineup has. To say different makes YOU sound like the fanboy. Android fanboys are just as irritating as iOS fanboys. Why can't we just decide on our own which device suits us best? For me, the ultimate device would dual-boot between Android and iOS. Why? Because I am a gamer, and Android doesn't TOUCH iOS as a gaming platform. It's getting there, but the catalog of high-end Android games is like going back 6 months in the iOS world.

I will fundamentally disagree... sort of... on iOS being better for gaming. Out of the box, yes, iOS is better. Can potentially be better, but honestly if you are hard core about gaming, why are you playing on a bloody mobile phone?

Device: Samsung SCH-I400 Continuum

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I will fundamentally disagree... sort of... on iOS being better for gaming. Out of the box, yes, iOS is better. Can potentially be better, but honestly if you are hard core about gaming, why are you playing on a bloody mobile phone?

:rofl3: agreed... If you want to 'game' get a game console, even a mobile (e.g. psp).
As far as comparing Android to iPOS or, even worse BlackBerry OS people are forgetting two important things: 1, how much longer iPOS and BlackBerry have been around (iPOS was launched well over a year before even the first Android device) and 2, the size of the companies (in relation to how much $$$ they spend on their mobile OS development). Android is by far the newest and 'smallest' (in terms of capital expenditure) and all things considered has done FAR MORE with FAR LESS in LESS TIME than the others. Give Android another year or two (or better yet the iPOS's or RIMs budget) and see where things are then.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I am going to ATT which may have bad service but I love the iPhone more than I do this phone.

Yes, but what the hell good is a nice phone if the network has bad service? Without good service, you're paying a buttload of money per month for a glorified iPod Touch.

In a way, this sounds like a cleverly disguised iPhone fanboy post to me.

his milkshake brings all the droidphans to the yard, though.

My ex-wife was an alltel rep... and she didn't know shi... poop. It's all about getting you to sign that dotted line.

Sounds more like the g/f cracked the whip and demanded an iphone and now you are looking for justification and claim the verizon rep misled you.

B

bthomp21

crazyness here.

vzw.png

MonKENy

Reaction score

Don't fool yourself. iOS has been around longer than Android. And it keeps improving. It's not going animate in a big hurry. The iPhone will endure just as the entire iPod lineup has. To say different makes YOU sound like the fanboy. Android fanboys are just as irritating as iOS fanboys. Why can't we just decide on our own which device suits us best? For me, the ultimate device would dual-boot between Android and iOS. Why? Because I am a gamer, and Android doesn't TOUCH iOS as a gaming platform. It's getting there, but the catalog of high-end Android games is like going back 6 months in the iOS world.

:rofl3: agreed... If you want to 'game' get a game console, even a mobile (e.g. psp).
As far as comparing Android to iPOS or, even worse BlackBerry OS people are forgetting two important things: 1, how much longer iPOS and BlackBerry have been around (iPOS was launched well over a year before even the first Android device) and 2, the size of the companies (in relation to how much $$$ they spend on their mobile OS development). Android is by far the newest and 'smallest' (in terms of capital expenditure) and all things considered has done FAR MORE with FAR LESS in LESS TIME than the others. Give Android another year or two (or better yet the iPOS's or RIMs budget) and see where things are then.

being a hardcore gamer means you dont limit yourself to one type of gaming, there is good gaming to get from smart phones that arnt on consoles/handhelds....