Separate volume for text notification

11crv

Reaction score
Is there a seperate volume for text notification. With my volume on high my ring tone is maxed out and loud,but my text alert is still hard to hear. I have tried different tone same issue. Also if the text sreen is open and a new text comes in there is no alert.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Go to settings - sound and you will see your different volume options. The rocker on the side usually only does call volume and media volume when watching a video or playing a game.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP

11crv

Reaction score
Go to settings - sound and you will see your different volume options. The rocker on the side usually only does call volume and media volume when watching a video or playing a game.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Thank you. I passed over the volume menu so many times. I didnt even think to check if it could be selected. Thanks again

Nyguy7

Reaction score
Thank you. I passed over the volume menu so many times. I didnt even think to check if it could be selected. Thanks again

I wish the ringer volume button would at the same time adjust the notification sound at the same time.. I wonder if there is an app for that??

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
You could also try a different notification sound that is louder, or softer, depending on your wants.