Sent Emails - Not showing up in sent folder (AOL Problem?)

Smokeyham

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is just an AOL issue, or if I have done something with my settings for my AOL account.

I send emails from AOL, and they arrive just fine, but they are not showing up in my sent items folder. This applies to both the Droid sent folder, and to my online AOL sent items folder.

Is anyone else having a similiar problem? My work e-mail is not having this issue.

Thanks for any suggestions.

N3 IG88

Reaction score
Aol sent box (not showing what is sent)

Did you ever find a solution to this?

I have the same problem and I am trying to find out how to fix it.

Thank you.

OP
S

Smokeyham

Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution to this?

I have the same problem and I am trying to find out how to fix it.

Thank you.

Sorry, but no.... No solution yet. Very frustrating.

TeddyT

Reaction score
AOL sent message folder empty

Any resolution yet? Verizon is clueless on this issue.

rgn2000

Reaction score
Any resolution yet? Verizon is clueless on this issue.

The only way this will be resolved is with an actual update to the phone. A few months ago I was on a Moto site as I was having the same issue on my X. I saw a comment from Moto that said they knew about the problem and were working on resolving it. It is happening to other email platforms as well, but not all.

I loved the addition of being able to move emails to folders which is something I could not do with the D1, but now I lost the ability to have copies of emails I send. Thankfully I do not send a lot of emails from my phone so if I need to do and I am concerned with having a copy, I just open the webmail version on the browser and send it that way. It actually works really nice.

I would almost have no problem using the webmail version if somehow the notifications for incoming mail could somehow link to it.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I loved the addition of being able to move emails to folders which is something I could not do with the D1
What type of account? Not all email accounts support this. Don't just assume that it's the device.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you used Gmail instead of the regular email app that wouldn't be an issue. You could have your mail forwarded to gmail and gmail will always have a copy of sent mail for you.

rgn2000

Reaction score
I loved the addition of being able to move emails to folders which is something I could not do with the D1
What type of account? Not all email accounts support this. Don't just assume that it's the device.

I think it is a motorola enhancement of the stock email application. The email application on the Droid X is a little different then it is on the D1.

OP
S

Smokeyham

Reaction score
AOL Problem with Sent E-mails

I think it is a motorola enhancement of the stock email application. The email application on the Droid X is a little different then it is on the D1.

It would be great if this could be resolved for the Droid 2. I'd appreciate just having the AOL E-mail account working correctly, with sent e-mails being shown.

apeman34

Reaction score
AOL sent email issue

How's this for irony: I just upgraded from an LG Env Touch to a Dinc2 and am having the same issue (sent AOL email does not show up in my sent folder) but I had no problems with it on my OLD Env Touch!

My prob isn't as bad as some as my sent emails do show up in my sent folder on my Dinc2, just not in my AOL account...crazy...

OP
S

Smokeyham

Reaction score
Problem solved..... AOL Mail Sent Items

I'm not sure if this is just an AOL issue, or if I have done something with my settings for my AOL account.

I send emails from AOL, and they arrive just fine, but they are not showing up in my sent items folder. This applies to both the Droid sent folder, and to my online AOL sent items folder.

Is anyone else having a similiar problem? My work e-mail is not having this issue.

Thanks for any suggestions.

On my Droid2 Global the issue seems to have been resolved. I am now seeing the emails that I send from my phone, using my AOL account, in my sent emails folder.

Very happy, since my AOL email address is one I have had for years. Hopefully this issue has been resolved for everyone.

OP
S

Smokeyham

Reaction score
How's this for irony: I just upgraded from an LG Env Touch to a Dinc2 and am having the same issue (sent AOL email does not show up in my sent folder) but I had no problems with it on my OLD Env Touch!

Sorry to hear this is still happening for some people! I would have thought that the solution would have been system-wide. I did not do anything myself to solve the issue, so it must have come from AOL or Verizon or Motorola.

rubmop

Reaction score
Same problem with Alltel Motorola Milestone X. Messaging quit saving sent messages in both Gmail and Windstream Sent Folder. Worked fine until a few days ago.

OP
S

Smokeyham

Reaction score
I am now able see my sent emails, but if I have the delivery set to "Manual" it takes a long time for them to download once I give the download command.

OP
S

Smokeyham

Reaction score
Back to the Future... With AOL Sent Items Not Showing Up in Sent Items Folder

On my Droid2 Global the issue seems to have been resolved. I am now seeing the emails that I send from my phone, using my AOL account, in my sent emails folder.

Very happy, since my AOL email address is one I have had for years. Hopefully this issue has been resolved for everyone.

I upgraded from a Droid 2 to a Droid 4, and my old problem has reappeared! Hopefully the problem disappears again. I don't suppose anyone has found a solution in the interim?