AOL Sent Folder

Stevelane

Reaction score
I have an AOL account on my Droid X. I send emails out using the AOL account but there is never any evidence in my Sent Folder to show it. Is there a way to fix this? Is there a best setting (incoming/outgoing servers) for my AOL account? I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks.
Also, when I place my phone in the charging dock i get a "Problem loading widget". I think it is the weather widget that should show in the lower left corner when in the multimedia station mode.

SeaDroidX

Reaction score
Same issue. I believe it has to do with AOL changes in Feb-Mar/2010. AOL changed how it interacts with email clients (Outlook, etc) requiring a change in settings/rules on the client in order for it to sync with AOL servers.

I opened up issue 10408 on Issues - android - Project Hosting on Google Code to see if Google could at least get the phones Sent folder to populate with sent emails even if it does not sync with the AOL server. In the meantime, I will CC myself for the record/confirmation.

SeaDroidX

Reaction score
Thanks, should have thought to try a different email app. Went with maildroid and shows both phone and server Sent (you can select these settings). Lots of other settings for user control not found in the default app.

One thing I do like on the default app is the ability to change folders using the touch screen by tapping on the current folder name at the top of the screen. Maybe I'll suggest that to the mailDroid developer.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a setting in gmail that lets you leave a copy on the server? I think there is. Gmail on line.

SeaDroidX

Reaction score
Gmail uses its own app and works fine. This issue is specific to using AOL (although I think Yahoo email shares this issue) with the default email app.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Another way is to have gmail check your AOL account or forward your mail to gmail, if possible.

hillgreen

Reaction score
I just got the Android X and am shocked that I can't view any SENT AOL messages. A few questions: First, is this problem unique to the Android X? Does the Droid 2 have the same problem? What about the Samsung Fascinate?
With Verizon, I have 30 days to return the phone if I'm not happy with it...and I'm not happy about this issue. Can someone explain how maildroid works with AOL? Pros and Cons? How do I use it? I'd really appreciate anyone's help. I was on the phone with Verizon Customer Service TWICE today (for more than an hour) and then went to a Verizon Wireless Store for an hour. Nobody had any clue as to what the problem was nor had they even heard of the problem. Thank goodness for this Forum. I just wish that I'd known about it BEFORE wasting hours of my time.

SeaDroidX

Reaction score
I just got the Android X and am shocked that I can't view any SENT AOL messages. A few questions: First, is this problem unique to the Android X? Does the Droid 2 have the same problem? What about the Samsung Fascinate?
With Verizon, I have 30 days to return the phone if I'm not happy with it...and I'm not happy about this issue. Can someone explain how maildroid works with AOL? Pros and Cons? How do I use it? I'd really appreciate anyone's help. I was on the phone with Verizon Customer Service TWICE today (for more than an hour) and then went to a Verizon Wireless Store for an hour. Nobody had any clue as to what the problem was nor had they even heard of the problem. Thank goodness for this Forum. I just wish that I'd known about it BEFORE wasting hours of my time.
The apps should work across the android spectrum (with some caveats based on manufacturer, etc), so changing to a Droid 2 should not make a difference. It's just the developer of the default email app has not worked to rectify the problem when using AOL. MailDroid is just another email app/cliient (like Outlook vs Thunderbird) that the developer put the time in to make sure it worked with AOL. The interface is slightly different than the default app, but still intuitive. Download MailDroid (free app), add your AOL account info and set your preferences. Any questions after you try MailDroid, just reply here or contact the developer. Note: I would not return the phone due to the fault of a single app. There are many positives to the DroidX and you should be able to find other apps to fit just about all your needs.