Sense UI

kenny1244

Reaction score
is there a way to turn off Sense UI? it's integrated so hard into everything but i hate using Peep and some of the other HTC apps.

also, does anyone know how to make my contacts sync automatically with Google contacts? same with my calandar.

thanks

butterfras

Reaction score
There's no way to get rid of sense short of rooting and flashing a custom rom. In the process you will void your warranty, but I've done it several times and haven't broken anything yet. If you don't like peep, you can download any twitter client you like from the market. You can also replace a lot of the sense apps with others, handcent, k-9 mail, acontacts, etc. You can even use a home replacement like adw or launcher pro to get it off of your home screen, you won't be able to use the HTC widgets though.

If you want to root and reflash, look in the Hacks and Roms sections. There's a new "unrevoked" tool out that should do the trick and then you can just download rom manager and go from there. Good Luck!

kmo

Reaction score
Some people just don't like the extra layer being there, I guess?

ffej89

Reaction score
HOW DARE YOU lol I for one love senseUI and think HTC has done an amazing job. You can use different launchers but to remove senseUI not gonna happen unless you root