Any way to turn off HTC Sense UI?

s-one

Reaction score
I was watching this video [video=youtube;cNQYjiTjfEY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNQYjiTjfEY"]here[/video] and was wondering if HTC Sense UI can be turned off on the Incredi?

Berzerker

Reaction score
The libraries for the original Launcher and such are missing from the Incredible, so no, it's not possible to turn it off. You can try downloading alternate launchers from the market like HelixLauncher.

OP
s-one

s-one

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the responses. I was hoping of turning the whole Sense thing off.. not just the launcher.. anything that had do with HTC's proprietary stuff. But I'll just wait for a root. Imagine even a faster Incredi with all the bloatware gone. ;)

r7av7en7

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the responses. I was hoping of turning the whole Sense thing off.. not just the launcher.. anything that had do with HTC's proprietary stuff. But I'll just wait for a root. Imagine even a faster Incredi with all the bloatware gone. ;)

Eh, this is one device I will sacrifice a little speed so that it's that much prettier

ExactDroid

Reaction score
Uhmmm I'm not sure sense is slowing it down at all... it's faster then anything I have used so far... how much faster do you want?

And if you want to remove all the htc stuff.... you will be left with nothing pretty much... the whole OS is full of HTC goodies... one reason the phone is so nice imo.

OP
s-one

s-one

Reaction score
I understand some have much love for HTC Sense.. you're entitled to that.. I'm not knocking you.. I just personally don't care for it. I understand as of right now there's nothing I can do about it but wait for the exploit. Thanks for the responses.

Kind regards.

smacinskyjr

Reaction score

I know that if you use an after market launcher it disables the HTC sense widgets. That's the only reason I don't use a different launcher, because I miss all my cool widgets.

OP
s-one

s-one

Reaction score
I know that if you use an after market launcher it disables the HTC sense widgets. That's the only reason I don't use a different launcher, because I miss all my cool widgets.

I see. Ok thanks for the response!

solorca

Reaction score
I love Sense UI. I will root my phone only if I can keep it. Really, the only reason that I want root is to get rid of the massive amount of bloatware.

spurscar

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't consider SenseUI bloatware. Bloatware is the ridiculous CityID and programs like that.

Only reason I'll root my phone is to get rid of that. SenseUI is a perfect skin for an otherwise ho-hum Droid UI having used friends' Moto Droids before.

Plus the phone flies as is... honestly can't even really make it lag if I try, not sure what added theoretical speed is good for anyway.

ExactDroid

Reaction score
I understand some have much love for HTC Sense.. you're entitled to that.. I'm not knocking you.. I just personally don't care for it. I understand as of right now there's nothing I can do about it but wait for the exploit. Thanks for the responses.

Kind regards.

Define "it" and we can give you a solution....