Sending video via Gmail restricted?

sulo

Reaction score
Discovered last week that the High Quality videos recorded by the Droid are limited to 10MBs--or 10 seconds--when it comes to sending them through Gmail. (My girlfriend likes to send me videos :biggrin:)

Searching the forums, and Google, I've yet to find a way around the 10MB restriction when it comes to sending HIGH QUALITY videos.

I understand we can send Low Quality videos through Gmail and Handcent (up to 1MB), but it's really a waste of hardware when it comes to not being able to share the DVD quality that is available on this device.

For now, one workaround is a shared (& private) Qik account. The Qik application force closes a lot which has made me feel like this solution is unreliable.

Apparently Google is working on the restriction when it comes to uploading HQ videos to YouTube, My video is too large to send from my Droid. I hooked my phone up to the computer by USB, but nothing happened. - YouTube Help. But there honestly needs to be a way around sharing DVD quality videos.

Has anyone else figured a way to get around this?

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
Im pretty sure that gmail just has a 10MB limit on e-mails. Which IMHO isn't bad considering most corporate e-mails are limited to 3MB. Even hotmail limits theirs to 10MB.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome to the Forum.

What about a file sharing host?

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
First that's cool to know that gmail has a 25MB limit! And second I'm running a dropbox app on my phone now. Try going to the dropbox website and if you can't find it online iill post it when I'm back at a computer.

Edit- a search for "dropbox" in the market brings up the app

OP
S

sulo

Reaction score
I believe the application is called Droidbox? I haven't tried it yet. I just tried a similar method with Sugarsync since it is already set up on my computer. Sugarsync gave me the "10MB Restriction for this network"...

So Sugarsync is just as useless as sending through Gmail. Same restriction. About to try Droidbox.

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
no it is called dropbox. Search for it in the market or in the browser on your phone. Then do the same on your PC. If you give me your e-mail address i'll send you an invite and we will both get 250MB extra storage.