Sending Ringtones to friends

aacanela73

Reaction score
I still have no answers to how to send a ringtone as a text message. I have tried every way I can think of. I have the ability to send picture and vidio messages but I cannot attach sound bytes to this or ringtones to a text to give it to someone. I can't figure out if it is me and I am missing something very simple or if it is the phone. My boss has the same phone and he can't get it either. Can anyone help??

Silver Member
Reaction score
don't remember being able to send an MP3 in any phone i've ever used. send it through an email account.

OP
aacanela73

aacanela73

Reaction score
Did it all the time with my Blackberry and just to make sure I wasn't crazy I just made my son text me a ringtone it came in fine and I can use it, just can't send it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would suggest downloading Handcent SMS. This will greatly increase functionality in your texts (MMS, group text, etc) and you can send audio files through text. Easy peasy.

SylphZ4

Reaction score
I would suggest downloading Handcent SMS. This will greatly increase functionality in your texts (MMS, group text, etc) and you can send audio files through text. Easy peasy.
Thank you so much, Martin030809! This is a fantastic app and does all you mention and much more. Really appreciate the heads up.

Free is a good thing too.