Sending pic by text and\or general mms problems

erdiede

Reaction score
So I have found problems with my Droid 4 trying to send group text messages (MMS?) and pictures to individuals... I get a generic "Text message not sent" message for both scenarios. Have been using the phone since Friday night, haven't tried to root it (stock release).

Anyone else having this problem or (more importantly) does anyone have a solution?

TKello

Reaction score
Same Issue, any results?

So I have found problems with my Droid 4 trying to send group text messages (MMS?) and pictures to individuals... I get a generic "Text message not sent" message for both scenarios. Have been using the phone since Friday night, haven't tried to root it (stock release).

Anyone else having this problem or (more importantly) does anyone have a solution?

Hi I'm having the exact same issue as you are, and I recently just purchased my phone. I am new to the Droid community as the last phone I had was a LG Envy 3 for several years.

Any help?

balaramabeauty

Reaction score
Yeah, me three. I tried sending pictures and videos and I can't figure out how. I just got the phone a few days ago and also switched from one of those obsolete type phones. Help!

r314bd

Reaction score
Are you guys using the stock messaging app? Try a third party app like Handcent SMS and let us know if you are still having the problem.

reybie

Reaction score
Check to see if the behavior is the same when you're connected to WiFi. If it goes through when on WiFi, then check your Data settings.

Benton

Reaction score
This may be a procedure issue, in case it is I will try to explain how I send pics using stock app. To start we need to get something to send so go to "My Gallery" and find a picture (or video) you want to send. Select the picture by tapping on it, it will now fill the screen. Tap the screen at any place the picture is and an icon on the bottom of the screen will appear with a point that has two arrows forming a "V" shape, select this icon. After tapping the icon a pop-up menu "Share via" will appear, scroll to the item Text Messaging and select. This action will generate an MMS message with standard addressing and message fields. Complete these fields as appropriate and send. Works for me.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Or go to mms and press the menu key and select attach. You will then be given options to chose what it is you want to send.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

TKello

Reaction score
Okay so....I fixed my issue.

Alright, so this is going to seem rather, 'Duh' and I'm sure you guys have done this, but I didn't. I called Verizon and she told me to simply shut off and turn on my phone...low and behold it worked.

So if you haven't, I suggest restarting your phone. -_- Especially if it's new like mine was.