Sending large files

63babyboy

Reaction score
I captured a 30 sec. video on my Droid that I wanted to send as an attachment and was unable to do so because the diagnostic popped up:"file has exceeded size limit". Is there a way to get around this inconvenience?

Duc748s

Reaction score
use Astro to zip it? Are you sending as MMS or E-mail?

Forgot to ask..How large is the file? If you are e-mailing Google has an attachment limit, I think it's 100Megs

OP

63babyboy

Reaction score
The file size is 12 Mb and I have attempted to send the clip both email and MMS. What is Astro and how do I go about making use of it?

thanks for the reply Duc748s!!!

Duc748s

Reaction score
Astro is a file manager app that does tons of stuff. Very useful tool. Search for Astro in the app store on the Droid, it's free also.

I don't think 12MB is very large, but I know I had some issues with sending larger size files, and getting stuck in my outbox. Zipping them up, then sending them seemed to help.

Keep us updated and I'm glad to help, I was feeling useless around here with all the knowledgeable people posting answers already LOL

Duc748s

Reaction score
When/If you use Astro, (sorry I didn't mention it before).....

Select Multi tab (up top Tool Bar)
Select file
select menu button (one with all the horizontal lines on the bottom of the phone, 2nd from left)
select Edit
select create Zip
Name zip
???Profit???

TheKawaiifan

Reaction score
I have followed all those steps on my smart phone. Now what do I do? how can i email that video now?