Semi Bricked - Need Help!

OP
STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
yes, I installed google apps.... just for kicks, I tried Jrummy again(one I've run before)... and it runs great. I'm not fully back up, but its working fine... its weird.... I don't know why other Roms were failing...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Im having some issues as well. As long as you got it working that's a good thing. I'm working on getting things fixed for my phone. Have been trying things all day and nothings worked.

OP
STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I really think something has been wrong with Rom Manager for the last few days.... I'm gonna stay with Jrummy for a while(which is awesome!) till everything smooths out....

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Hope you don't have anymore issues for now. There could be some issues with the recent update. Its hard to tell.

OP
STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I've just be looking and you'd thing there would be a whole lot more threads complaining about RM being borked... Hope its not just me...

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
^^ ok that worked.. you might want Christim to update his steps to include that. Also his step that says "install /sdcard/update.zip (depreciated)" actually says "apply sdcard/update.zip"... Small things, but when your dealing with people that aren't as tech savvy as you, being specific counts... :)

You're all set now, but the triangle is the stock boot-recovery app. You needed to install sprecovery before flashing a rom. That's the one where rebooting while holding X works.

I just rebooted my phone into SPRecovery.
The rooting 2.1 with sprecovery steps 8, 9, and 10 are indeed as they are written. While in SPRecovery my phone has the bottom option as "Install /sdcard/update.zip (depreciated)"

The non-depreciated version may have been what you saw in the stock recovery app. I'm not going back to stock just to check though:)

If you aren't sure if you are rooted you'll know when trying SetCPU, applying a MM theme, or trying to type su in Terminal Emulator

btw....almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. You either are bricked, forever, or not:)

Fortunately ... you are not!

OP
STIDRIVER

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
^^^ Thanks for your help man... I was worried there for a while. You are correct, I didn't DL SPRecovery... my bad. I didn't knowthat was required, especially since I'm using RM which has Clockwork recovery. Do you think I should install it anyways? Def rooted... Got Jrummy to work and using setcpu to OC...

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
^^^ Thanks for your help man... I was worried there for a while. You are correct, I didn't DL SPRecovery... my bad. I didn't knowthat was required, especially since I'm using RM which has Clockwork recovery. Do you think I should install it anyways? Def rooted... Got Jrummy to work and using setcpu to OC...

You can't run both Clockwork and SPRecovery at the same time. Nor can you run either one at the same time as the stock recovery app. Rom Manager will let you "flash alternative recovery method" which is SPRecovery, if you need it.