Selling used Global, how do I prep it?

draexo

Reaction score
I am selling my Global. How do I prep it? I know enough to wipe data. What about SD card? Anything else I need to do?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
For the SD card, a format alone is not good enough. With a regular format data can be recovered pretty easy if no new data is written to the card. Pull the SD Card and put it in a USB Card reader. Now you need SDFormatter. Launch the app and hit Options. Now for type of format choose FULL(OVERWRITE). This will write a bunch of 0 and 1s, more or less junk data, to the SD card. I would do it two or three times. Even then there is still a slight chance of recovery but the chances diminish and what data might still be recoverable is far more likley to only be little bits and pieces. I might suggest SBFing the phone 2 or 3 times just to be safe to.

gthotie5

Reaction score
I was a little paranoid about the SD card too. I manually deleted everything on it and then formatted it. Not sure if it was enough but oh well...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I personally wouldnt say oh well, you never know what sensitive info could have been stored on there at one time. Hopefully overwritten a few times by now just out of normal use but you never know..but hey thats just me. I usually try to be safe then sorry. To bad Sony doesnt think like this..but thats another issue in itself lol.

OP
draexo

draexo

Reaction score
All excellent advice!

Thanks.

Is there a place to sell used phones in the community? Otherwise I was going to put it up on my local online classifieds.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
All excellent advice!

Thanks.

Is there a place to sell used phones in the community? Otherwise I was going to put it up on my local online classifieds.

Android.net has a classified section that u can post ur phone there

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I forgot to say this earlier, your best bet is probably ebay or similar. My girlfriend sold her her iPhone 4 the other week when we switched from ATT to VZW. We tried flipswap and a few other sites. They were going to give her about $300 maybe, and sold it on ebay for over $400. Ebay does take 7%(I think) of the selling price, but imo, its the easiest way to sell something like this.