Going back to the stock ROM

matthskim

Reaction score
I am going to flash this new ROM and I have made a nandroid backup. My system version is already 5.6.890, as shipped to me. Couple of questions: 1) can I just go ahead and install from SD as it is now without any prep such as wiping data, etc, 2) if I want to go back to the stock rom, do i just restore from the backup again without any prep, such as wiping data, etc.

Thanks in advance.

svickstc

Reaction score
If you made a nandroid of the stock rom you will be able to restore us cwm revovery then just unroot the phone if uou wish

OP
M

matthskim

Reaction score
For clarification, to install this new ROM and to go back to the stock ROM, is there no need to wipe data, format/system, etc?

Thanks.

Lizx3

Reaction score
i was already on v5.6.890 and all I did was create a backup and then flash the rom..didn't wipe data or do any prep other than the backup and everything was fine.

OP
M

matthskim

Reaction score
i was already on v5.6.890 and all I did was create a backup and then flash the rom..didn't wipe data or do any prep other than the backup and everything was fine.

Thanks!

OP
M

matthskim

Reaction score
Now, after flashing the new rom and getting it up and running, can you make another nandroid backup of the new rom and, if desired, restore the backup of the original stock rom without wipe data and other prep? And later on, back and forth between the two or even more?

Thanks.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums