Selling my Incredible

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Before you eager beaver moderators jump all over this for being against forum rules, allow me to explain:

I need all the money I can get from selling my Incredible on eBay in order to get the Thunderbolt at one year pricing. I can look at completed listings, but they range from $200-$400 for a used, like-new Dinc.

So does anyone have experience in this area, what is a good amount to exprect from selling a like-new Droid Incredible with no scratches or cracks, 3500mAh extended battery and all the original stuff (manuals, disc, box)?

If for some reason this still violates forum rules, let me know.

drakerocksu

Reaction score
I would start at 250 then let the bidding start and if u dont get wat u want then just take it off and restart

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
requesting opinions/recommendations for a selling price is acceptable. however, for future posters, this is just a reminder that DF Policies do not allow for negotiations, offers, etc for buying/selling devices between members. thanks!

meta droid

Reaction score
its called a reserve price. you put the minimum amount that you want to get (say $300, and it doesn't stop there, it can keep going higher) that the bidder can not see. but the bidding starts at say $5 ( or what ever you want) but if it doesn't hit your reserve amount, the auction is null.

if you do it the other way and just pull the listing at the last minuet your ebay account will be terminated after doing it more then 2 times. plus nobody wants to buy from someone who never actually sells their item.

Reaction score
Before you eager beaver moderators jump all over this for being against forum rules, allow me to explain:

I need all the money I can get from selling my Incredible on eBay in order to get the Thunderbolt at one year pricing. I can look at completed listings, but they range from $200-$400 for a used, like-new Dinc.

So does anyone have experience in this area, what is a good amount to exprect from selling a like-new Droid Incredible with no scratches or cracks, 3500mAh extended battery and all the original stuff (manuals, disc, box)?

If for some reason this still violates forum rules, let me know.

I got a BOGO deal on my incredible from verizon and sold the free one for 300 on craigslist. but that was never used and that was a hella hook up price..considering the 200$ difference from original pricing...lol..but hey i only paid 150 for the bogo..so i made out like a fat cat..try selling on craigs list..its free and fast cash start it at 300 and take no less then 250...trust me make them feel as if they are the ones getting the deal of a life time...lol

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I sold my TP2 on craigslist for 125.00 and that was the biggest piece of crap phone ever!!

Chris

CursedArmand

Reaction score
If you're selling on eBay, here's what I recommend. 1st play up the customization like your phone is better than the other Inc's out there. Take screenshots of your home screen. Then give a description of what is possible with the phone, i.e. free tendering, free turn by turn gps nav, free teleportation, etc, you get the drift. Next start bidding at $.01, set the length of the auction for minimum 7 days, and let the bidding begin! Also, I recommend actually starting the auction somewhere between 4pm and 9pm EST on a weekday. Most people have the time to march auctions on work computers, so by the end of the work day winning the auction would be the most exciting event for them. I sold a used Droid Eris with a blown speaker for $164 by playing up the rooting and Froyo.

craighwk

Reaction score
Thanks all!... not sure what else to say lol

I hope it's okay to bump this slightly old thread, because I have a question on topic. I just got a new phone and I am looking to sell my Incredible.

Am I able to sell it as is, or do I need to do something to make sure the buyer is not able to re-activate the phone on my account? I know to wipe the phone and SDCard as well.

CursedArmand

Reaction score
If you do a factory reset, format the sdcard, AND already switched your number to a new phone, then your old DInc is good to sell. The only way someone can activate the phone is to do *288 and enter the 10th digit phone number AND last 4 of their SSN#.

You're good to go, player

craighwk

Reaction score
Sweet. Since I didn't have to do a *228 for the new phone, I forgot what the process was. Glad they won't have the necessary information.

Thanks!