Select dock type

aquaholic

Reaction score
Did some searches and couldnt find an answer. My phone keeps asking me to select dock type and goes into landscape. I keep restarting it but it just keeps doing it. Anyone know if its possible to fix this ?

Are you pluging it into a dock when it asks you that or is it just happening randomly?

Have you installed any apps that are supposed to work with docks?

The dock connector supposedly has a small magnet in the part that connects to the phone which trips the sensor on the phone to launch docking mode. Any case with a magnet or anything magnetic near the top of the phone could possibly be tripping the sensor. Either that or there is a malfunction.

David

I don't have a dock. But I did have a case on the phone, but I took that off and now it doesn't seem to be doing it

sent from my calculator...........60065

Did it again today with the case off, so thats not the issue. Anyone have any ideas?

I agree about a possible app going this, or perhaps one of the smart actions. Have you installed any new apps recently or about the time this started?

When specifically does it do this? When plugged in, night, day, etc?

We are the Droid!! You will be assimilated!! Resistance is futile!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

fix for this problem

Did some searches and couldnt find an answer. My phone keeps asking me to select dock type and goes into landscape. I keep restarting it but it just keeps doing it. Anyone know if its possible to fix this ?
Here is the fix for this it detects that ur hdmi port is in use but u don't really see that goto Settings-->Display-->Uncheck HDMI Connection that fixed it for me and still enabled me to use my dock and HDMI Connection just doesn't exactly do like if it was checked but the HDMI port still works

Here is the fix for this it detects that ur hdmi port is in use but u don't really see that goto Settings-->Display-->Uncheck HDMI Connection that fixed it for me and still enabled me to use my dock and HDMI Connection just doesn't exactly do like if it was checked but the HDMI port still works

Did that and I didn't get it for a day but then it came back.!

sent from my calculator...........60065

got the same problem, phone randomly decides to go into hdmi mode and then flips to landscape....incredibly annoying.

Back