Seidio Innotraveler car dock

solar

Reaction score
Has any bought the Seido Innotraveler car dock and if so, how do you like it vs the original motrola case? I also wonder if it can be angled for placement on the dashboard instead of the windshild (providing there is a proper surface). I could use the same surface disk that comes with the moto dock in that case. I'm considering getting the extended battery, in which case I would need a new car dock. Possibly. I suppose I would need a replacement for the home dock too, but thus may all add up to too much money.

r314bd

Reaction score
Has any bought the Seido Innotraveler car dock and if so, how do you like it vs the original motrola case? I also wonder if it can be angled for placement on the dashboard instead of the windshild (providing there is a proper surface). I could use the same surface disk that comes with the moto dock in that case. I'm considering getting the extended battery, in which case I would need a new car dock. Possibly. I suppose I would need a replacement for the home dock too, but thus may all add up to too much money.

I ordered one on Monday, should be here in the next day or two. I originally tried out the OEM Motorola Car Dock but my phone wouldn't fit in the dock with its case (Seidio Innocase) so I returned it. Plus I wasn't happy with how easily it shifted position...the ball joint was fairly loose I thought.

Based on the photos I think I will be pretty happy with it, Seidio makes good quality stuff it seems (very happy with the Innocase at least) plus the Seidio car dock supports the extended battery as well. Also I do know that the Droid will fit in the Seidio car dock even with the Innocase on it. And yes it does come with a dashboard mount as well as a windshield mount.

Once it arrives (maybe tomorrow, latest Friday) I'll post a couple pics and let you know how I like it

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Awesome. I'll definetely be interest to see how it looks. Thanks!

rrflanders

Reaction score
Got my car dock this week and love it. Rock solid! It's almost too difficult to get it off the windshield even after releasing the suction cup.

My droid actually slides into the car dock easier than the home dock.

You can easily adjust the angles to accommodate wherever you want to place it (including the dash.)

Minor complaint - for some reason the car charger is a mini-usb instead of a micro-usb so you can't plug the charger directly into the phone.

DCMountaineer

Reaction score
I got the car dock two weeks ago, and I've had a bit of trouble with it.

First, the cigarette lighter adapter is a mini-usb. Stupid! On top of that, it's cheap. Think $.01 (+3.99 shipping) on Amazon cheap. Often times when it's plugged in and then it intermittently goes out and I have to jiggle it to get it working again.

Secondly, the male micro usb plug on the dock itself has become inconsistent. I'll have the droid plugged in and the green indicator (power) light will be on, but the connection to the droid will not be secure and thus the phone doesn't charge. there is really no rhyme or reason to it's success either. Some times it works, some times it doesnt.

I submitted a claim yesterday to Seidio and they are sending me replacements. Great customer service! I guess we'll see what happens with the new ones.

Has anyone else experience similar things with their Seidio Car Docks?

r314bd

Reaction score
Mine came today :) I'm definitely much happier with the Seidio than with the Motorola OEM Car Dock since I don't have to remove the case or plug/unplug the charging cable every time I am in my car. Hopefully I won't run into any issues like DCMountaineer :eek:

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Thats good that at least the customer service seems to be decent. About how long did it take from order to reception for all you guys who have one? I was originally going to buy a ase from them, but it stayed in the status "processing" for over 10 days, so I had to cancel and buy one locally.

Thanks for all the cool pics SGMD1. Let me know how it works for you after you've had it a few days. Like you said, hopefully the issues DCMountaineer had wont affect you as well!

:heart::motdroidhoriz::icon_ banana:

seidioseidio

Reaction score
DCMountaineer said:
I got the car dock two weeks ago, and I've had a bit of trouble with it.

First, the cigarette lighter adapter is a mini-usb. Stupid! On top of that, it's cheap. Think $.01 (+3.99 shipping) on Amazon cheap. Often times when it's plugged in and then it intermittently goes out and I have to jiggle it to get it working again.

Secondly, the male micro usb plug on the dock itself has become inconsistent. I'll have the droid plugged in and the green indicator (power) light will be on, but the connection to the droid will not be secure and thus the phone doesn't charge. there is really no rhyme or reason to it's success either. Some times it works, some times it doesnt.

I submitted a claim yesterday to Seidio and they are sending me replacements. Great customer service! I guess we'll see what happens with the new ones.

Has anyone else experience similar things with their Seidio Car Docks?

Hello,

We are sorry about your experience and glad that someone has taken care of you already! Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,

Murz

Reaction score
Had my InnoTraveler for about a month and havent had any problems with it. The InnoTraveler and the Innocase are the best accessories I've bought for the Droid no question.

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Awesome pics SGDM1!

However ... is that a CASSETTE player?? :icon_eek: :)

r314bd

Reaction score
Awesome pics SGDM1!

ahhaha yes, guilty :p although (to my ears at least) sound quality is surprisingly great through the cassette adapter!

JDD

Reaction score
Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't figure out how to attach the suction mount to the cradle. I feel like I may have been shipped the wrong parts. Anyone else have this problem when first receiving the dock? Thanks.

-Josh

OP
solar

solar

Reaction score
Awesome pics SGDM1!

ahhaha yes, guilty :p although (to my ears at least) sound quality is surprisingly great through the cassette adapter!

lol, I noticed that too! At least you had the option to use a cassette adapter. I didn't have a tape player and until a couple weeks ago when I upgraded my radio to one with a 2.5 mm input and bluetooth capabilities, I was stuck with an FM transmitter! Man, how that sucked.....

Bohemian

Reaction score
The power plug to the phone on mine is way too short, it seems. No matter how I plug it in it will not make contact to charge.

seidioseidio

Reaction score
JDD said:
Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't figure out how to attach the suction mount to the cradle. I feel like I may have been shipped the wrong parts. Anyone else have this problem when first receiving the dock? Thanks.

-Josh

Hello Josh,

Thank you for your comment, is there any way that you could provide me a picture of your contents? Also, you could definitely give Technical Support a call at (832) 204 - 1114 to walk you through it.

Bohemian said:
The power plug to the phone on mine is way too short, it seems. No matter how I plug it in it will not make contact to charge.

We are sorry about your experience, could you PM us your order as well as the serial number of the Car Cradle and we will be more than happy to look into this for you!

Regards,