Seidio Dock Charging Issue

JayCizzo

Reaction score
Last night I dropped by phone into the Seidio Home Dock. Well me and the wife were, ummm, let's say "talking". I happen to look over at my phone and I see the Droid eye. Well, since I was busy I didn't mess with it. After we got done "talking", I look over and my phone is still in a constant reboot loop. I pull it out of the dock, let it cool down (it showed 44c by the time TempMon came up), put it back in the dock and it was fine the rest of the night. Not sure what was going on. I notice that sometimes while in the dock the charging % icon will start to wig out like it's a lose connection, switching between charging and not charging. This may have had something to do with what happened. It does the same thing when plugged directly into the cable so I dont' think it's the dock. I guess it could be a faulty cable. I'm using the cable that came with the Seidio Dock. I should also note my phone is running beautifully other than this. Anyone else experience anything like this? Thanks.

My setup: Cyanogen Mod 5.0.6.2, Bekit 800MHZ LV Kernel, Charging profile set to 550max/250min

E36M3

Reaction score
I had similar problems with mine. It worked for about 1 day at work then gGreen light on back turns on but phone will not charge or connect to computer. Plug cable directly into phone and it works fine. They sent me a replacement and it did the same thing immediately after opening. I'm waiting for replacement #2, and if this one is bad I'm returning all together

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I somettimes have the same problem. Are you running stock or a custom Rom. I'm running a custom Rom. I have a cheap battery and a Seidio extended battery and this problem occurs with both batteries while in the Seidio charging dock. The cheap battery will not even charge, it just constantly reboot. I think it maybe the oem charging cable. I ordered an official Seidio one that I'm waiting for in the mail.

OP
JayCizzo

JayCizzo

Reaction score
I'm running a custom ROM (see bottom of 1st post) and I'm using the official Seidio cable that came with the dock. I will try using my original cable later today to see if I get the same issue.

OP
JayCizzo

JayCizzo

Reaction score
Well I switched to the stock Droid AC adapter and cable but still used the Seidio dock last night. It seems to work better. If I put the phone to sleep it stayed asleep. It would not turn back on from the charging/not charging issue. I will need to test it more as this was a an intermittent isssue but so far it seems to be working.