D2G not charging in car dock

kevin79

Reaction score
I have a D2G and the Motorola car dock. The last couple times I've used the dock, my phone gets really hot and my battery stops charging or when it says it is charging, it doesn't seem to charge (if my battery is at 50%, the battery doesn't charge above 50% even if it says it is charging). Has anyone else had this happen? It is an issue with my phone, the dock or is this standard behavior?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
K

kevin79

Reaction score
Wouldn't unplugging it for a while do the same thing then? Is the common? What about it not actually charging even though it says it is?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Wouldn't unplugging it for a while do the same thing then? Is the common? What about it not actually charging even though it says it is?

Well my battery just stopped charging, so I figured it was dead.. so thats what I did, unplugged everything, bought a new battery, got home and found the old one charging.. so .. at this point everythings working. But that was my scenario and what I did... you could just take it into a verizon store and ask them to try a new battery in it.

Benton

Reaction score
I use the car dock a lot and experience this situation all the time during the summer months. The dock is black and absorbs heat from the sun as well as enveloping the phone which eliminates much of the phone's ability to dissipate the heat created by the phone and battery itself. I have found a solution by creating a deflector for one of my A/C vents which redirects the air over the car dock and phone. With the deflector in place I can run music, GPS and phone calls without worry of the phone not being 100% charged at my destination.