Seidio case vs Otter Box case?

JMSaviour

Reaction score
For Motorola Droid of course, personal opinions on which is better? I'm thinking I'm going to aim for an Otter Box case soon, someone is saying it helps hold the audio jack in place and has overall good reviews. Any reasons the Seidio case is worth getting over the Otter Box?

Hanoverfiste

Reaction score
For Motorola Droid of course, personal opinions on which is better? I'm thinking I'm going to aim for an Otter Box case soon, someone is saying it helps hold the audio jack in place and has overall good reviews. Any reasons the Seidio case is worth getting over the Otter Box?

Get the OtterBox Seidio is the most horrible company to deal with. If you have any issues at all with their products they make you jump through hoops. I actually have to return my bezel off my Innocase this is the second one the Seidio rep thought he was doing me a favor by sending me another.

Last edited:

sporket

Reaction score
Otterbox customer service is excellent. However, I've had no complaints with my Seidio innocase.

snalfonsi

Reaction score
I have both cases. I perfer the Seidio. it is a little slimmer, and not as slippery of a case as the otterbox.

In terms of protection i think the otterbox is better.

I did not like the bulkieness of the otterbox in my pocket, the seidio just is not as thick. Plus the charging dock for the seidio is great, you can get both and leave the case on the phone to place it in the dock.

I cant comment on customer service for either company, since i have not had any issues.

It really sucks but you kinda have to try them all out to determine which one you like.

Good luck.

bimmerbill

Reaction score
I also have both cases. I liked the style of the Otterbox, but it turns out the style I like isn't made for the Droid (commuter vs defender). I wanted the defender, for all the extra protection and because I have big hands.

The Otterbox is very nice and I really like the rubber seal and plugs around the edge. It is SLIPPERY tho, and I've already dropped it twice. The screen protector is nice, but I can't get the adhesive from the small paper tab off of it. The paper tab was used as a handle when installing the screen protector.

My Seddio was much more non slip, with the slight rubbery feeling. Mine was one of the ones where the front case would keep popping off. Since I bought it thru Ebay I didn't have the required paperwork to have it replaced after calling Seddio.

WVOz1970

Reaction score
I liked the plug seals of the Otterbox, but I ended up with the Seidio because I wanted a good belt clip option. The Seidio belt clip lets me hang my phone screen-in, so it's protected. The only problem I've had is with the belt clip portion... the pin holding the clip to the spring came loose. I was able to fix it though.

The Seidio case is slightly slippery. The Otterbox I looked at in the store seemed more slippery. My first case was the Body Glove... and the ONLY good thing about that case was how rubberized it was. It didn't slip at all.

Ideally, give me an Otterbox case with a Body Glove exterior finish and a Seidio style belt clip to hold the phone with the screen protected :)

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I have both cases and prefer the Otterbox case because of the extra protection. I don't find it to be terribly slippery like some of the other posters have commented on. Yes, it has a "slick" feel to your hand compared to the Seidio case, but that's a function of the glossy finish Otterbox uses, as opposed to the matte finish that Seidio uses, and doesn't seem that bad to me.

-Mike

JennImme

Reaction score
I just got the Otterbox case for the 8300 series. I've never had a Seidio case so I can't really give a good comparison of the two, except by going off the visuals of the Seidio cases. I would definitely say that the Otterbox will probably withstand more abuse, due to the larger casing and the inner membrane that covers the keypad, screen and the outer part of the trackball. On the downside, all this extra hardware also makes it bulkier and more awkward to use. The keys are harder to press and moving the trackball is a little weird, especially with the membrane on. I actually had to cut a larger hole out of the membrane to make the trackball usable. Of course the membrane is optional. You could always get another screen protector, or just cut the screen portion of the membrane off and just use that.

I would suggest that the type of case you get depends on your lifestyle. For normal everyday use, I would probably go with the Seidio case. For more extreme, outdoors usage (in the rain or snow, like maybe hiking, skiing/snowboarding, etc) I would recommend the Otterbox case. I'm really wishing I had gone with the Seidio case in retrospect, since I fall more in the former category, and I'm personally not really liking the added bulkiness of the Otterbox case.