Seeing is believing..October 6th?

patriot95

Reaction score
HTC throwing a party on October 6

Could they show the Vigor here? Or perhaps the following day? I want them to announce the phone so i can see some verizon commercial goodness. Even though it seems like only Motorolla get the real commercial love from Verizon.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
HTC throwing a party on October 6

Could they show the Vigor here? Or perhaps the following day? I want them to announce the phone so i can see some verizon commercial goodness. Even though it seems like only Motorolla get the real commercial love from Verizon.

I would have to disagree with how many Thunderbolt commercials I was inundated with over the summer... the it again, it was the first 4G phone, so it was expected.

OP
patriot95

patriot95

Reaction score
True i forgot about the Tdolt. That's very true. I still have the OG commercials in my head. And I can't avoid a Bionic one to save my life.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Yeah and with this one not getting Droid branding I doubt they will put the full marketing force behind it. I think the Beats Audio thing is gonna be the top marketing point for this one.

OP
patriot95

patriot95

Reaction score
You don't think this will get the Droid branding? I'm still hoping for Droid Incredible HD.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this has Droid all over it. It looks like the dinc 2 and has the typically red camera lenses of an HTC dinc too. However I've seen the boot animation and a droid eye is absent. Just a beats audio animation intertwined with a Verizon 4G animation

Sent from my SHIFTS3NS3 using DroidForums

UNC

Reaction score
It's not going to be a "Droid", its going to be the HTC Thunderbolt 2 with Beats or some crap like that.
I wouldn't buy an HTC anything if I were you guys though, they all have bad battery life, flimsy plastic construction and a lack of support from HTC/VZW.

BTW what is so good about Beats audio anyway? If the headphones are any indication, nothing.... The Beats headphones suck compared to BOSE QC's and they cost just as much.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not going to be a "Droid", its going to be the HTC Thunderbolt 2 with Beats or some crap like that.
I wouldn't buy an HTC anything if I were you guys though, they all have bad battery life, flimsy plastic construction and a lack of support from HTC/VZW.

BTW what is so good about Beats audio anyway? If the headphones are any indication, nothing.... The Beats headphones suck compared to BOSE QC's and they cost just as much.

Do you have a source for this information???

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
You don't think this will get the Droid branding? I'm still hoping for Droid Incredible HD.

From what I have read it will not receive the Droid branding.

UNC

Reaction score
Do you have a source for this information???

No, but I do know it won't have Droid branding since the boot screen shows "BEATS by dre" not the familiar Droid eye (That I am fairly certain is on every "Droid").

Also, look at the model number, ADR 6425. The Incredible was 6300 while the Inc 2 was 6350... the TB was 6400. This leads me to believe that this is the Thunderbolt 2, atleast internally. They may avoid the Thunderbolt name due to its craptasticness. Maybe they call it the HTC Mecha 2 with Beats... LOL!!!

OP
patriot95

patriot95

Reaction score
I actually like HTC phones. The G1 was the beginning of the movement. The Nexus 1 was the first beast Android device followed by their Dinc which was basically the same with a better camera. The Incredible and Evo lines are all top quality phones in my opinion. I never had battery issues with my Dinc. I think the Vigor is going to be an awesome phone and I think it'd be a smack in HTC's face to brand the Charge a Droid and not the Vigor. HTC needs a 4G phone in the Droid lineup.

I could care less about the Droid branding really, as it doesn't prove anything about how good the phone is... but I think the Vigor will be worthy.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
HTC bad battery, ___!
The dinc2 has awesome battery life....

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

Reaction score

My HTC thunderbolt has an aluminum body construction actually, oh and I get an entire day's use (26 hours) the development for the thunderbolt has been amazing so I don't see why HTC and Verizon had to help out. Developer-made things are always better. Currently on gingerbread and sense 3.0. In fact, last time I checked HTC won device manufacturer of the year...that's odd...

Sent from my SHIFTS3NS3 using DroidForums

eleventy

Reaction score
The Beats headphones suck compared to BOSE QC's and they cost just as much.
Either is a waste of money. So much better out there.

The Beats branding has turned me off of HTC phones. Unless, that is, Beats is something besides a name, which I strongly doubt.