Solved Security Information notification

missErin92

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Hi all.

I've tried searching for a thread similar to my issue but have not been able to find one.

For the past week or so I've had a security information notification whenever I've opened the Google chrome app. I don't recall changing any settings or anything like that, so I'm unsure as to why it has started coming up now.

I'm using a Samsung galaxy s3 which is running 4.3. I've uploaded a screenshot of the notification as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-26-18-24-00.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-26-18-24-00.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 294

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The next time that you get this notification can you long press on it and then select App Info to which app shows up as being the sender?

OP
M

missErin92

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Okay, I've done that and the sender is Knox notification manager. I know there's a pre-installed program called Knox, but I've never used it. I went into it yesterday out of curiosity and it said it needed to be installed, which I didn't do.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Okay, I've done that and the sender is Knox notification manager. I know there's a pre-installed program called Knox, but I've never used it. I went into it yesterday out of curiosity and it said it needed to be installed, which I didn't do.

Do you have Lookout on your phone?

OP
M

missErin92

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Not that I'm aware of, no. The notification is an annoyance more than anything. It doesn't stop me from using chrome, it just pops up whenever I do.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
This is the built in security from samsung! It helps protect the device from unauthorized actions! It is kinda like a firewall. You want to update this to keep your phone protected...If your not rooted! This app can break root abilities and fix security issues

OP
M

missErin92

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Thank you to everyone for their input. It turns out that it was a fault on Google Chrome's end. They must not have updated their security certificate with the update, but the issue was solved with the next update.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Glad you got it resolved.