Second Wave Of HP TouchPads May Be Taken By Existing Orders

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
HPTOuchpad68weeks.png

If you were hoping to get another chance at snagging the ridiculously cheap HP TouchPad during their second wave of production — you may not want to get your hopes up. In an email sent out by HP’s Small and Medium Business division, HP’s motivation for the second wave of production is mainly to fulfill orders from existing customers who had placed orders for the TouchPads before HP realized they were out of stock. Seems these folks will have first dibs on the second wave with the leftovers hopefully trickling down to the rest of us. HP will fulfill these existing orders at the (ridiculously low) discounted price and plans to begin production in 6-8 weeks.

SOURCE: HP TouchPad's second wave may be taken by existing orders | Electronista

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
It's funny how they could not sell any one these so they decide to fire sale them. Now!? They can't fill the orders. Thanks for the heads up on this though. I've been checking the site a few times a day waiting to see some in stock so I could pick it up. I guess I missed that boat... oh well:blink: I wish they would open up the ability to place an order... They could cap it at a # they determine (don't want them losing too much Money) and people that want one could have a better chance at getting one. The whole "sign up for an e-mail" thing did not work out so well for me. I checked the site and it said check back soon and about 8 hours later; all I saw was out of stock; Got my e-mail an hour later. DOH!

rabbie303

Reaction score
It's a good idea to follow @BrynaAtHP. She's the social media manager for HP. There is a FAQ they posted up a week ago that has some info. HP Communities - More TouchPads on the Way - HP Communities

Not sure about the second wave backfilling previous orders, but it looks like they want to be able to fulfill those orders, plus make more for everyone else until they are gone. 6-8 of solid production means millions of units being made. I have a feeling people will still be able to grab some if they jump on it when notified via email. I was lucky and got to fill out the "notify me" form before everyone crashed it and they took it down.
I just want to grab 2. One for my son for school and one for the wife and me to share. I don't care about grabbing them and making a profit.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
It's a good idea to follow @BrynaAtHP. She's the social media manager for HP. There is a FAQ they posted up a week ago that has some info. HP Communities - More TouchPads on the Way - HP Communities

Not sure about the second wave backfilling previous orders, but it looks like they want to be able to fulfill those orders, plus make more for everyone else until they are gone. 6-8 of solid production means millions of units being made. I have a feeling people will still be able to grab some if they jump on it when notified via email. I was lucky and got to fill out the "notify me" form before everyone crashed it and they took it down.
I just want to grab 2. One for my son for school and one for the wife and me to share. I don't care about grabbing them and making a profit.

Yea it pisses me off when greedy bastards order 10+ just to make some profit.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Reaction score
Exactly!!! Limit it to 2 per customer unless it is a valid business.

Not even for a valid business...they had wholesale means to acquire larger qtys. Screw the profiteers buying 20+ I hope they sit on their stock and their credit card finance charges outweigh their profits (assuming these idiots charged the order for a get rich quick scheme) and screw hp for letting them do it!

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums