Second Android 8.0 Oreo Beta Released For The Galaxy S8

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s8-oreo-jpg.78047

We are getting closer to an official release of Android 8.0 Oreo for the Galaxy S8! Samsung just released a second beta build of Oreo for the S8. The beta program still includes the USA, United Kingdom, and South Korea. The second beta is labeled G950FXXU1ZQK4. The update has already been rolled out to the UK and will go live in other markets soon. This update includes the October security patch, and will improve stability of DeX mode, and the launcher has also been stabilized. The lockscreen picks up new clock styles, and transparency is now adjustable in notifications. Smart View allows the display to go dark when mirroring is active. The update also includes lots of bug fixes. You will need to be registered in the beta program to receive the beta update ota.

via SamMobile

Attachments

• galaxy-s8-oreo.jpg
    galaxy-s8-oreo.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,950

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
going to hold my breath until I see an oreo beta for the note 8....oh well that did not last long...

hopefully since the s8 share a lot of features with the note 8, it will make the upgrade a snap and hopefully problem free :)

looking at some of the updates with the newest release - I really like the fact there will be new lockscreen clocks. what I currently have is boring...