SDcard blank

Borntodroid

Reaction score
This afternoon I got a notification on stock Droid X "insert sdcard". I checked Astro file manager and it said sd card was blank, and asked if I wanted to format sdcard. I said no. I hooked phone up to computer and computer wouldn't recognize phone as mass storage device. I pulled sdcard from phone and inserted into computer micro sdcard adapter. Computer still would not read sdcard. I pulled sd card from my Droid1, and first checked it on the computer. It read original droid sdcard fine. I inserted the Droid1 sdcard into my DroidX and it recognized the original Droid card. Droid X automatically updated a few of my programs (only had Droid X since Christmas), and everything now appears to be working fine. WHAT happened?

tmac5150

Reaction score
The other day mine had a little burp like yours. There was a something come up that said something about the SD card, then when I went into settings and looked & it said there was no SD card. I turned the phone off & on & after a litle bit it finally recognized it. It's been fine ever since. I guess it had a little brain fart...

OP
B

Borntodroid

Reaction score
My sdcard is dead. I called Verizon and they had me go through reformat, check to see if computer could read, and also agreed my card was dead. My card was a no name generic 16 gig card. I asked, and Verizon agreed to send me a 16 gig scandisk sdcard. I have read where others also have had this problem, apparently nothing new. I hadn't had any problems prior to the "crash", but card can't be revived. Good luck to you on your card; if problem persists don't hesitate to call Verizon, I had no problems dealing with them.

tmac5150

Reaction score
I realize I'm a little late, but I was wondering if you remembered the brand of card it was? PNY? maybe? Just curious, my Droid X is 3 months old & there's been a couple times it didn't recognize the card til I restarted the phone...thx for any help in advance....

OP
B

Borntodroid

Reaction score
My card just says Micro SD HC. Made in Korea, so I guess HC is the brand.