App install fails while sdcard mounted

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ok, I can't seem to crack this problem.

Some apps will not install on my X while my sdcard is mounted. They download fine, but the installation fails.

I feel like this is due to a restore I did at some point where the app was on my sd card, then I restored via sbf or nandroid and now the system freaks out when it sees a "version/copy" of the app on my sdcard.

I'm about to backup all my sdcard data, then try to format it to see if that helps, but if anyone can tell me if there is just a file/folder that I can delete to resolve this, that'd be great.

Again, if I go to settings and unmount my sdcard, the install works just fine, then I can re-mount it and everything is happy until an update comes around again.

Thanks in advance.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Some apps need access to the sd card during installation. If you have it mounted, they can't access it and the install fails.

Sent from my DROIDX² using Tapatalk Pro

OP
devortex

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Some apps need access to the sd card during installation. If you have it mounted, they can't access it and the install fails.

Sent from my DROIDX² using Tapatalk Pro

I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying in the first post.

Basically I cannot install some apps while the phone is aware of the sdcard. If I physically or virtually(unmount) remove the sdcard, the app installs just fine.

So my problem seems to be the opposite of what you are describing.

Thanks...

P.S. I formatted the card and just replaced the essentials. Now I just have to sit back and wait for app updates to see if the problem returns.