sd won't mount/files won't download

I

idfk420

Got ics leak to finally take,installed old firm patch to get dialer and other things working... Now I can't get sd cards to function right... Started on my 32gb,,pulled all data from it, formatted using pc, put blank card in phone, phone refuses to mount(EDIT: was able to get phone to say its formatting sd card, only took away the button to mount,the rest remained the same,still no sd,int or ext) Also,the internet will not let me download from a webpage... Either tries to play in media player or instantly fails... Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

idfk420

Tried flashing old firm patch multiple times, DL'd from multiple places (even extracted from Scott's clean Rom). Patch doesn't seem to want to work... Is there another fix possible for this issue?

Primevyl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC Yin
Wipe it again and try Nils P business ICS ROM over at XDA-developers

Nothing never doesn't un happen to me

OP
I

idfk420

Very nice ui on that aroma installer thing... A nice leap fwd from the standard og cwm style... rebooting from install now...

OP
I

idfk420

very impressive rom you linked me to... but i still cant use sd,tried formatting and all... other apps that use network work now though,and 4g was just turned on in my area today (SCORE) would still love to use sd cards though

OP
I

idfk420

Re flashed Rom,kernel,and fix... Still no sd,still no dl... Hboot ver is 2.25 will post pics of screens tomorrow to further assist...

P.s. I'm really digging this Rom. Nice and clean, problem free(excluding sd prob,of course). Lots of customs to be done...

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you install an RUU of an ICS leak? if so then you don't need the firmware patch. That would actually screw up the dialer and SD card.

OP
I

idfk420

I flashed the above mentioned zip,with fix, I will flash it again without the fix to see if that works..
P.s. dialer works fine as is...

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
So just to be sure. You flashed the RUU twice and when you installed your ROM, you didn't use the firmware patch....correct?

OP
I

idfk420

Flashed with fix, created post about sd, wiped, re flashed without fix.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, can you tell me a bit more about what exactly you're doing. Here's the way you have done things:

1) Run the ICS RUU twice (You would not do this if you were bent on staying on GB)

2) Unlock bootloader

3) Install AmonRa (or CWM)

4) Wipe data/cache/dalvik (just for good measure)

5) Install ICS based ROM (Also installing the old firmware patch if you still have GB firmware)

6) Install kernel (boot.img)

7) Enjoy..??

All of this is covered in detail in the link in my sig.

OP
I

idfk420

I've done so much to this phone in the past week I've honestly lost track

jansky

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem.

I did not run any RUU. I do not know where to get an ICS RUU and I wouldn't really know what to do with one if i had one. I did not think I needed to run the RUU. I was on CleanROM 3.7. I achieved S-OFF (painfully). I flashed CleanROM 4.5 Standard. For some reason I was under the impression that having achieved S-OFF I did not need to run the RUU. Doesn't make much sense intuitively but then very little does to me.

My HBOOT is 2.21.2121. My radios are 0.95.00.1017_2r/0.95.00.1013r

My Recovery is Amon Ra 3.15

Before installling CleanROM 4.5 I did a wipe ALL data/factory data reset.

After installing CleanROM 4.5 I flashed the Old Firmware Patch. I've actually done this several times.

I've not flashed a new kernel.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.