SD card

sammy269

Reaction score
I just received my replacement Droid2 phone. I had copied my apps to the SD card on the old phone, and now wish to transfer them to the new one.. how do I do this?

OP
S

sammy269

Reaction score
no.. just saved it to the card. now cant find out how to retrieve it.. or how I originally put it on there.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I apololgize as im kinda confused on what your asking, but as a guess, I take it u used a program to copy your old phones apps to the sd card? I would install that same program on new phone, then possibly enable the restore feature (im guessing it has one), or install them manually using a file explorer like astro. Astro actually has a backup programs feature as well.

symphonia

Reaction score
Unless you have a rooted phone and actually copied the entire app, you will have to go to the marketplace and re-install your apps. Paid apps should be linked to your google account, so you shouldn't have to pay again for them. Unfortunately, apps like "Apps2SD" don't copy the entire app to the SD card, so moving apps to the SD card only saves space, it doesn't let you copy apps from one phone to another, as far as I know.