SD Card won't mount...

Zenvan

Reaction score
Some time in the middle of the day my SD card stopped functioning properly.
I have the stock 16gb card and between my lunch hour and the end of the day it started saying the sd card was blank or not a recognized format.

Frustrated but giving in I attempted to just reformat the card to no avail, no process, series of windows, or anything occurred, and my sd was still "blank"

when I went into the memory menu I noticed that my sd card was actually unmounted, however pressing the mount option did nothing as well.

Any idea why this might be happening? or how I might be able to enjoy my phone fully again?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
When you tried to format the SD card, did you do that through the phone, or did you take the card out and try to do it on your PC? If the phone, I would pop the card out and use an miniSd-->SD card reader and try to format the SD card hrough Windows. While you do this, you will also be doing a Battery Pull..which may also help the situation if Android experienced one of its "flake outs" that happen from time to time...

OP
Z

Zenvan

Reaction score
I did try it both on the phone as well as a computer, even on my pc the formatting didn't work, went through the process but still showed it as having 0.0kb of space

I'm fairly certain it's fried at this point >.>

no idea how though... think verizon will give me a new one? considering I've had this for all of 2 weeks now