SD card unmounts

RezQund

Reaction score
Rezound SD card unmounts by itself constantly. Anybody have the same problem?

acejavelin

Reaction score
This issue seems to pop-up off and on for various people, the general rules of thumb assuming you are stock:

1) Reformat the card in a PC with a card reader using FAT32 ONLY, do not use exFAT, FAT, or NTFS
2) Factory Default
3) Try a new microSD card, they are cheap
4) Reflash the stock RUU or Global Mode leaked RUU

If all that fails, then the issue is likely hardware and will need to be replaced.

obxKevin

Reaction score
I have the same problem, happens every time I restart the device. I'm factory and have also tried reformatting and a different card. Still happening. I'm out of warranty so I guess I'll just hve to check card mounting every time I restart. Sucks

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Mine does the same on restart, remounting isn't a big deal for me.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Perhaps it was coincidence, but once I uninstalled Handcent mine stopped doing the not mount in reboot. I started using Chomp because Handcent was very sluggish suddenly and my sd issue went away also.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

obxKevin

Reaction score
Thanks for that, but since I don't use Handcent, probably not the cause of my problem. Not saying it's not an app causing the issue, but it started happening directly after the last official update pushed from Vzw.

It's not a big deal now that I know that I have to remount after restart or shutdown, but I wonder how many people this irritates.