SD Card Tech Question

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I just have a quick question. If i completely erase my Micro SDHC card will it be reformatted to work in my Incredible? I am planning on wiping the SD card tomorrow night so i can just take out the SD card and put it in my Incredible tomorrow.

Also will i have to Wipe the Droid before they deactivate it or can i still do a Hard wipe from the recovery menu?

mejdam

Reaction score
I just have a quick question. If i completely erase my Micro SDHC card will it be reformatted to work in my Incredible? I am planning on wiping the SD card tomorrow night so i can just take out the SD card and put it in my Incredible tomorrow.

Also will i have to Wipe the Droid before they deactivate it or can i still do a Hard wipe from the recovery menu?

if you delete all the contents on your microsd card the droid incredible, like any phone, will create all the subdirectories and files it needs on the newly wiped card.

As far as hard wipes you can perform those at any time, you dont need to have it activated. I would just do the sbf method to put stock 2.1 if you plan to sell it. This is because the buyer might not be the most tech savy and if you put anything else besides stock they wont get OTA updates.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

This is because the buyer might not be the most tech savy and if you put anything else besides stock they wont get OTA updates.

:shocked: is there a new update coming!??

sorry i couldn't resist :rofl3:

OP
MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

if you delete all the contents on your microsd card the droid incredible, like any phone, will create all the subdirectories and files it needs on the newly wiped card.

As far as hard wipes you can perform those at any time, you dont need to have it activated. I would just do the sbf method to put stock 2.1 if you plan to sell it. This is because the buyer might not be the most tech savy and if you put anything else besides stock they wont get OTA updates.

Well im not rooted im on stock 2.1 but i wanted to wipe the phone so if i do sell it i can give them a fresh phone instead of them having to worry about uninstalling things and such.

mejdam

Reaction score

This is because the buyer might not be the most tech savy and if you put anything else besides stock they wont get OTA updates.

yeah its called froyo and i bet it'll come out before it comes out on my future incredible lol

OP
MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

yeah its called froyo and i bet it'll come out before it comes out on my future incredible lol

LOL i wouldn't doubt it. The Incredible is a lot harder to update because of the Sense on top of Android OS.