SD card "Read Only"

LS-208

Reaction score
Out of the blue today my SD card cannot be read by my incredible. It OS mounted as " read only". I cannot even unmount it. I have powered of and removed the battery twice without any luck. I have an SD card icon in the notification bar and it has a question mark on it. I cannot access anything on the SD card. I have connected it to my pc and it will not recognize it either. Can anyone please help? Thanks a bunch. That's a lot of info to have to lose.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

ubermosher

Reaction score
I experienced the same issue this morning with my Droid Incredible. I've recently started to experience my phone rebooting unexpectedly, especially if it was charging (nothing like hearing the 'Droid' sound effect in the middle of the night to get you to jump out of bed). Then this morning the SD card was throwing a 'read only' message. After googling the issue I attached the phone to a PC. I couldn't read the SD card (SanDisk card I've used w/o issue for a long time) at the time as it threw a 'Please insert disk into Drive G' error. I disconnected and rebooted the phone yet again, and now the error has cleared. I can connect via computer, and can write to the card.

Love the phone, but I'm starting to get really frustrated by it. It's my second Incredible... a Verizon 'certified refurbished' unit, after my first one began to experience display issues. If this is certified, then I'd hate to see uncertified.

OP
LS-208

LS-208

Reaction score
I was able to get my SD card to read without the phone using the adapter and card reader. I transferred all my info off of it and put it on a new card. Haven't had a problem with it since. Maybe these cards go bad for whatever reason.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums