SD card problems and formatting revisited...

thatguychuck

Reaction score
A while ago, I thought my sdcard went tango uniform. I later saw this post:

As a last ditch effort I'd recommend downloading and formatting your card with the official SDHC card format utility.

SD Formatter 2.0 for SD/SDHC - SD Association

Once installed and you run it, choose options -> Format type: Full (Erase On) and Format Size Adjustment: On

Hope this helps.

I eventually got around to using the software, and everything appears to be working just fine. Filled right up with music from songbird. If you are having format problems, you may want to give this a shot.

On a side note...the speed difference between the stock and my 4g pny class for is rather noticeable...I think I'll be buying a 8g class 4 in the near future.

djembeman

Reaction score
Didn't fix it for me!

I tried using this to reformat my SD card and I'm still having problems. I ordered a new one, so hopefully that will fix it. SD mount=reboot.

I tried creating a partition for Apps to SD while I was running BBv0.5 and then everytime my SD card mounts on the phone (boot, disconnecting from PC/Mac) it re-boots. It never did that until I tried to relieve my phone memory. BBv0.5 seems to take up a whole lot of phone memory (more than stock FRG22D and there are a very limited number of apps that can be moved to SD. I think they are the same ones as stock. I had to ditch apps to run bugless beast v0.5. Guess you gotta be careful to only try things known to work with certain ROMs.