format problems 16gb micro sd using data cable

daddy4life09

Reaction score
first time post guys but long time reader..never had any problems b4..I have a Motorola droid running ultimate droid 8.0..phone came with a 16 GB card but it crapped out on me so i went out to fry's electronics and bought a new one..here is the link to the card i bought..

FRYS.com*|*SANDISK

i tried using the format option built in the phone to format after i did it says i only have 965 Mb?i have also tried using my SD card adapter to format through windows 7 with the same problem..I am aware that my adapter might be my problem but i don't see why I am not able to format properly using phones data cable or though ultimate droid 8.0 using the built in function..I am highly frustrated as I am wanting to use my card while at work..i am in a box truck 12 to 14 hrs a day delivering furniture so it would be great to be able to use this storage during those boring times in truck thanks..dont matter what i do or what format option i try it still says card has 965 mb max...I even tried the format option in recovery...

Last edited: