sd card notifications

jayman350

Reaction score
So I've been playing around with Sapphire 0.6.2 for about a day. One thing that I have noticed is when I turn the phone off, right before the screen goes black the phone will vibrate telling me that its safe to remove the sd card. Its a very minor thing but it bugs the crap out of me. I have looked through the menus and can not find a place to turn this off.

Does anyone know what I can do so that it doesn't do this anymore?

roll3r

Reaction score
So I've been playing around with Sapphire 0.6.2 for about a day. One thing that I have noticed is when I turn the phone off, right before the screen goes black the phone will vibrate telling me that its safe to remove the sd card. Its a very minor thing but it bugs the crap out of me. I have looked through the menus and can not find a place to turn this off.

Never noticed the sd card message, but did notice the vibrate. I kust assumed it was saying, "Yep, I'm *really* turning off" since by that time my phones in my pocket/on my table/etc.

mkraffert

Reaction score

It's not just a Sapphire thing. I've noticed the same thing on SS 4.x and BB 0.3-0.4. Maybe it's a Froyo thing?

justinthegeek

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, it showed that notification on 2.1. The reason that notification shows up is before the phone turns off, it unmounts the sd card to make sure that nothing is using the card and all data is written.

dr2ww62

Reaction score
It's not just a Sapphire thing. I've noticed the same thing on SS 4.x and BB 0.3-0.4. Maybe it's a Froyo thing?

^this

Used to be an option in the settings somewhere to disable SD card notifications. It has been gone ever since Froyo. At least it's just a vibrate, it used to be the "DROID" ringtone AND a vibrate, and it would do it when you turn on and off the phone. Bleh.

I hope someday someone figures out how to give us back the option to disable SD card notifications, but since it's just a single vibrate when I shut off the phone I won't complain too much.

Panda68

Reaction score
I have a Droid M that keeps unmounting the SD card then Remounting it now I can not access the SD card at all. Does anyone know anything about this issue. My boyfriend has a RAZZ MAX that is doing the same thing.