SD Card Issue in galaxy S4

Daniel1212

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
gt-i9500
Hi guys i'm having issues with my sd card which most of times i can not access my sd card.
i can't move or transfer any of my files or pictures into my sd card and sometimes the sd card files shows in my phone and sometimes doesn't .i did format the sd card through pc and the phone itself but still nothing happening.
also when i see the files on SD card then i'm able to create or move some of my files into the sd card and after i get back to the sd card then the files disapear again and i have to unmount and mount it again and doing so sometimes works.

i've thought maybe it's the sd card but i'm using an name brand (SANDISK) & i don't believe it's the sd card.
Any help greatly appreciated.

P

promo87

Hi guys i'm having issues with my sd card which most of times i can not access my sd card.
i can't move or transfer any of my files or pictures into my sd card and sometimes the sd card files shows in my phone and sometimes doesn't .i did format the sd card through pc and the phone itself but still nothing happening.
also when i see the files on SD card then i'm able to create or move some of my files into the sd card and after i get back to the sd card then the files disapear again and i have to unmount and mount it again and doing so sometimes works.

i've thought maybe it's the sd card but i'm using an name brand (SANDISK) & i don't believe it's the sd card.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Well, this give me a feel of faulty SD card and as you know there is nothing much you can do with SD card rather than try formatting it with the help of PC or Laptop and if that doesn't help you need to buy a new one other either moving forward in getting replacement, from the vendor where you have purchased from !

OP
D

Daniel1212

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
gt-i9500
Well, this give me a feel of faulty SD card and as you know there is nothing much you can do with SD card rather than try formatting it with the help of PC or Laptop and if that doesn't help you need to buy a new one other either moving forward in getting replacement, from the vendor where you have purchased from !

Well don't think it's the SD card, because I had one the same exact and that worked for a while and then I bought another one and something is happening.
Do they know what else to do

P

promo87

Well don't think it's the SD card, because I had one the same exact and that worked for a while and then I bought another one and something is happening.
Do they know what else to do

Well, I really don't have any idea about what's going on over there ! I think it would be better if we wait a bit more while to see if someone over the forum came up with a new idea !

JRParsons

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, Google recently restricted writing to an SD card with 3rd party apps. This may explain some of the issues you are having. I don't know what version of Android is on your device, but when I switched to an S5, I was no longer able to transfer music or pictures to my SD card. The reason given by Google is security. Try using the stock "my files" app. From what I understand, that is the only app that will successfully move files to the SD card.
3rd party apps are only allowed to modify folders they create, they are allowed "read only" access to the rest of the phone, Including the card.

OP
D

Daniel1212

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
gt-i9500
If I'm not mistaken, Google recently restricted writing to an SD card with 3rd party apps. This may explain some of the issues you are having. I don't know what version of Android is on your device, but when I switched to an S5, I was no longer able to transfer music or pictures to my SD card. The reason given by Google is security. Try using the stock "my files" app. From what I understand, that is the only app that will successfully move files to the SD card.
3rd party apps are only allowed to modify folders they create, they are allowed "read only" access to the rest of the phone, Including the card.

Yest but it's not from google and i'm trying to save my folders and pictures in to the SD card and i don't believe it is has anything to do with 3rd party apps or anything.Specially that sometimes that i've eventually able see the SD card folder and create an folder into the SD card and when i try to get back to the folder again The Sd card disappear and can not access it again.

P

promo87

Well, I guess this problem is over the devices running KitKat I guess other users can write or transfer files over the SD card. Anyway I guess that might be the call which OP is waiting for.

OP
D

Daniel1212

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
gt-i9500
i believe i know what the issue is i think maybe S4's are not compatible with 64GB SD cards or maybe they won't be compatible if you upgrade your software to kitkat because i inserted an 1 GB SD car and it was working perfectly fine but i want to find out what's the highest GB i can use on mines.if a really tech guy read this and can help i really really appreciated.

P

promo87

i believe i know what the issue is i think maybe S4's are not compatible with 64GB SD cards or maybe they won't be compatible if you upgrade your software to kitkat because i inserted an 1 GB SD car and it was working perfectly fine but i want to find out what's the highest GB i can use on mines.if a really tech guy read this and can help i really really appreciated.

Well, never though about something like this today I tried searching the same thing over the Google and viola I have seen a number of users talking that 64GB SD cards are not supported over S4.

OP
D

Daniel1212

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
gt-i9500
Well, never though about something like this today I tried searching the same thing over the Google and viola I have seen a number of users talking that 64GB SD cards are not supported over S4.

it could be but in samsung site said they are compatible and they lied.so i am getting an 32gb and see whether if it will be compatible or not.crossing my finger