SD Card and Memory Help

GeckoDroid

Reaction score
Ok so My Droid 1 is extremely slow, and I noticed when backing up for the first time on Titanium that it shows how much memory is available and used on both the SD Card and The Internal Memory itself, for some apparently reason ever since I had this phone I think pictures...videos....apps...everything is being saved to the phone...because I have barely any memory used on my SD card and my phones memory is absolutely raped...

I put my phone to my computer and the SD card never shows up onto the computer only my internal memory.....obviously my phone knows my SD card is there or it wouldn't show me how much i have left on it when using titanium...I need help sorting this out...

I just rooted and did a nandroid backup and deleted all the backup of apps in titanium and created a fresh backup of apps...I am seconds away from installing cyanogen mod because now that i am rooted i wanted to use a new rom and learn how to overclock to 800 or something just fast enough to see a difference without hurting the phone...

Help me straighten this lag situation PLEAAAASSSEEE

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are speaking of the Original Droid then nothing is stored on the internal memory except for applications and the Internal memory on the Droid is a measly 256MB, all videos, music, pictures, nandroid backups and the like are stored on the SD - also without an extra computer program you cannot access the devices internal memory via computer, only the SD -

I see you have a Droid Incredible also - these devices differ greatly as the Dinc does in fact have two different storage methods - and mounting options, Internal and SD

OP
GeckoDroid

GeckoDroid

Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! yeah My Incredible is rooted and my baby and fully set to the way I like it, The Original Droid I have is my Gfs and its sooooo Slow and we just do not know how to speed it up, it has such lag and it got more fluent after we downloaded launcher pro but after months now its starting to slow down again....It is almost at a crawl and we are at a loss which is why we rooted and we need some help trying to figure out what to do with it to make is safe and fast again..

I must be relating to the incredible and I thought they may be somewhat similar but I can see I am wrong. So everything is in fact being stored on her SD card it just doesn't seem that way OK excellent, so what can we do next, would a ROM a new Kernel, overclocking would any of this help?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Few things here...

The Inc runs at 1Ghz by default.

You have FroYo on the phone -- you can easily move apps to the SD card via the Android App Manager under 2.2.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Ah. So a D1. If it's not rooted you'll have to do a hard reset. If it is rooted there are MANY fixes for you. Which one do you want to attack first?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
CM doesn't need a custom kernel to overclock -- there's a tutorial over in the Koush subforum on how to manually overclock it to whatever frequencies and voltages you want.

OP
GeckoDroid

GeckoDroid

Reaction score
Titanium says Internal 274MB 36.9 Free
SD Card 16 GB 13.9 Free

Is this normal?

OP
GeckoDroid

GeckoDroid

Reaction score
The D1 has been rooted already earlier tonight.....Just HIT ME WITH THE RESOLUTION! ROMS KERNELS GIVE ME THE WEAPONS I NEED TO POWER THIS UP...i cant stand this :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yup.

The D1 has only 256MB internal memory (or whatever) and a LOT of that is eaten up by the ROM and whatnot. (Don't shoot me if i'm wrong on the ROM eating it up -- system apps, whatever the proper phrase is.)

We can fix the lag with a couple of tricks IF she's rooted.

OP
GeckoDroid

GeckoDroid

Reaction score
I am aware of my Incredible's awesome power, I want to get this D1 healthy again, I want it to be at a healthy speed ...it doesn't need to be as fast as my incredible so need it to not feel like im on dial up every time i use it :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay. Simple fix -- hard reset, loses everything.

Extreme fix -- flash ROM, requires hard reset and loses everything.

Moderate fix -- install ADW and make it system persistent and clear Dalvik cache.

OP
GeckoDroid

GeckoDroid

Reaction score
Yup.

The D1 has only 256MB internal memory (or whatever) and a LOT of that is eaten up by the ROM and whatnot. (Don't shoot me if i'm wrong on the ROM eating it up -- system apps, whatever the proper phrase is.)

We can fix the lag with a couple of tricks IF she's rooted.

Yes she is good sir help me :)

OP
GeckoDroid

GeckoDroid

Reaction score
I do not mind flashing ROMS she wants to change some looks of her D1 anyway so I am used to flashing roms on my incredible