help SD card has become incompatible

tjskhj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola moto g3
Hi my phone reset and the sd card became incompatible with the phone (and with the computer) since I had converted the card into internal memory How do I retrieve the data from a notebook app that was on the card? Thank you!!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Sounds like the card is corrupted and I do not believe you will any luck retrieving the data.

You can try some of those apps that claim they can recover the data, but I have never had any luck doing so..

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
You'll have to use a computer to try and recover it. Using a tool like recovermydata, free trial, you can see what's on the card.

OP
T

tjskhj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola moto g3
Hi my phone reset and the sd card became incompatible with the phone (and with the computer) since I had converted the card into internal memory How do I retrieve the data from a notebook app that was on the card? Thank you!!
Sounds like the card is corrupted and I do not believe you will any luck retrieving the data.

You can try some of those apps that claim they can recover the data, but I have never had any luck doing so..

I just did and it seems like it has recovered some stuff but all i get acces to is empty folders that seem to only be able to be read on phone, and when i move them on nothing happens:/ any idea that could help at this point ?
Thanks!!

Maddy30

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that card is now inaccessible. When you format a card as Internal Storage, the card gets encrypted, and the encryption key is saved to your phone. If you do a factory reset, that encryption key is lost, and therefore the data on the card cannot be read. Sorry!