-Scripts: Not Found. Please Help.

neccoguy21

Reaction score
I need a run down on how to get the scripts working pretty pretty please. I'm not a huge poster because im pretty good at finding answers to my questions (I'm pretty sure this is only my 3rd question posted, and I'm already pretty far into moding) I'm running cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2, but a dif. kernel than what jrummy has listed under his update. im pretty sure my hardware wont run low voltage. im using kernel 2.6.29-omap1-belkit-0.8.3-5x1000sv. i tried other kernels including the one listed, but always got stuck at boot (im pretty sure it was only the low voltage ones to do this). i was able to use astro to go into the goodies folder that i unpacked into my sd card root folder (which every instruction ive come across so far has said to do), find the new apps section, and click on the new 3 cube music player, which then brought me to the manage app screen, and asked if i wanted to install it. that worked, i now have the cube player, but nothing else works like that. it asks if i want to uninstall anything else. I just want to use the scripts so i can get themes, live wallpapers, icons, fonts, and all that other good stuff to work. every time i open the terminal emulator, i hit su, enter, (it gives me the # sign, so i know that my su stuff all works), but after typing anything else, the terminal says "whatever i type": not found. Here's what my terminal screen can look like, if i try to use, say, the remove corporate calender script:

$su
# -rmcorpcal
-rmcorpcal: not found
#

I've tried everything i can think of. i use the "-" in front, i use without. i press enter again after the hash comes up, i dont. i type the script after entering su once to get the hash tag, and i've typed su again at the first hash tag to make double sure it knows what im trying to do. im really really lost. please, i just need a run down on how to get the scripts working. im more than willing to answer any questions on what i do or dont do or have installed or not installed and all that.

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help me out, or at least point me in the right direction if someone else has had my problem!

tlippert

Reaction score
I need a run down on how to get the scripts working pretty pretty please. I'm not a huge poster because im pretty good at finding answers to my questions (I'm pretty sure this is only my 3rd question posted, and I'm already pretty far into moding) I'm running cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2, but a dif. kernel than what jrummy has listed under his update. im pretty sure my hardware wont run low voltage. im using kernel 2.6.29-omap1-belkit-0.8.3-5x1000sv. i tried other kernels including the one listed, but always got stuck at boot (im pretty sure it was only the low voltage ones to do this). i was able to use astro to go into the goodies folder that i unpacked into my sd card root folder (which every instruction ive come across so far has said to do), find the new apps section, and click on the new 3 cube music player, which then brought me to the manage app screen, and asked if i wanted to install it. that worked, i now have the cube player, but nothing else works like that. it asks if i want to uninstall anything else. I just want to use the scripts so i can get themes, live wallpapers, icons, fonts, and all that other good stuff to work. every time i open the terminal emulator, i hit su, enter, (it gives me the # sign, so i know that my su stuff all works), but after typing anything else, the terminal says "whatever i type": not found. Here's what my terminal screen can look like, if i try to use, say, the remove corporate calender script:

$su
# -rmcorpcal
-rmcorpcal: not found
#

I've tried everything i can think of. i use the "-" in front, i use without. i press enter again after the hash comes up, i dont. i type the script after entering su once to get the hash tag, and i've typed su again at the first hash tag to make double sure it knows what im trying to do. im really really lost. please, i just need a run down on how to get the scripts working. im more than willing to answer any questions on what i do or dont do or have installed or not installed and all that.

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help me out, or at least point me in the right direction if someone else has had my problem!

at the pound sign (#) type "scripts"....no quotes that should give you the full list of scripts..then from there just type the script you want..at the next pound sign..It should look like this

$ su
# scripts

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Don't add the -

It should be...

$su
# rmcorpcal

not...

$su
# -rmcorpcal

OP
neccoguy21

neccoguy21

Reaction score
Thanks for trying to help guys! I've done all of that though. Go thru my thread again, I've tried with the "-" and without it. I really just need a log or guide about where the scripts go or what I'm supposed to do with them. As far as I can tell I have everything updated right, but I'm still kinda in the fog about what should be called what and where it should beand if zips should be left alone or unzipped, or renamed, or what. I'm under the impression I only need to download the goodies.zip to get every wallpaper, app, font... or do I need to download which ever one I want individually? Do I need to rename the goodies.zip to update.zip, leave it in the root and backup and wipe? Do I unpack and leave all the folders from the zip unpacked in the root? Maybe if I saw a screen shot of your root I could get a better idea. But please, any guidelines along what dovwith it all would be greatly appriciated!

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've been planning on making a youtube vid on how to custimize the phone.. maybe I'll make one tonight.

sandman1987

Reaction score
I need a run down on how to get the scripts working pretty pretty please. I'm not a huge poster because im pretty good at finding answers to my questions (I'm pretty sure this is only my 3rd question posted, and I'm already pretty far into moding) I'm running cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2,......

I may be wrong here, but I believe you have to be running JRummy's remix to use the scripts even though he uses cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2 in his ROM. That may be why you can't get the scripts to run.

OP
neccoguy21

neccoguy21

Reaction score
I need a run down on how to get the scripts working pretty pretty please. I'm not a huge poster because im pretty good at finding answers to my questions (I'm pretty sure this is only my 3rd question posted, and I'm already pretty far into moding) I'm running cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2,......

I may be wrong here, but I believe you have to be running JRummy's remix to use the scripts even though he uses cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2 in his ROM. That may be why you can't get the scripts to run.

I don't see anything about a remix... is it a full rom? Because you're emphasizing that he "uses cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2 in his rom" as if what im doing is different. but it's exactly what i said im using. im really confused now because that sounds like a direct contradiction. sorry, i didn't mean to sound rude with that, i just didn't really know how to word it. i appreciate the help so far really! :)

EDIT: I FIGURED IT OUT OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK, Thanks you guys, the advice you gave actually got my brain going in the right direction anyway. Jrummy, i think you could cut down on SO MANY questions if you make one adjustment in your instructions. At the top where it says
Base: CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2
Kernel: Bekit's 5 Slot L.V. 1.1GHz
lead me to believe that i needed those loaded as my own "base" rom and kernel. And in the instructions for install towards the bottom

Clockwork Installation Instructions:
*You don't have to wipe data if you are running CyanogenMod*

-Update & backup any files you wish to restore, this will wipe /data
-Place the ROM on the root of your sdcard
-Reboot into recovery mode (hold the power and "x" button at the same time)
-Wipe data/factory reset
-Wipe cache partition
-Install ZIP from sdcard
-Choose ZIP from sdcard
-Reboot and Enjoy!

It doesn't specify that the JRummys-Remix-v0.7-Blue-Theme.zip or which ever themed zip it is needs to be renamed as update.zip for a clockworkmod update to work. with all the discretion about clockwork or sprecovery being better or worse than the other (which btw they both worked fine for me any time i used them, just need to learn how to use them) and that they run so differently, i assumed the downloads you provided were ONLY the extras, and i still needed the real cyanogen rom to run everything on. Therefore I kept running recovery of the rom i didn't want anymore (original cyanogen mod). If you could make one little tweek in your directions that specify the
JRummys-Remix-v0.7-*entercolorhere*-Theme.zip is what we need to be replacing as the update.zip file on the root I bet you'd cut down on a lot of questions...

While writing this tho, I've come across noticing that i have two terminal emulators. 1 i downloaded a couple days ago, and the one that comes with your mod. one has a blue screen, one black. the blue screen says

$export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
$

before i do anything. but in both i can type su and get the #, and run the list for the scripts, but at the
bottom it says

/system/xbin/scripts: 100: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

is this normal? which terminal is yours? the blue screen or black? and which one should i stick with?

THANKS AGAIN!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! NEXT TIME MY BANK ACCOUNT COMES ACROSS A COUPLE BUCKS THEY'RE HEADED YOUR WAY!

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you installed my rom you should have the scripts. Have you tried other scripts other than rmcorpcal. What error message do you get if you use mountsys or scripts or fontarial, etc.?