Screenshot app?

yearn

Reaction score
What app are you guys using for screenshots?
All the ones Iv tried have failed because it needs root access

Stigy

Reaction score
The only application in the market that does screenshots requires root access.

The only way I know of doing it using the DDMS batch file in the Software Development Kit (SDK starters package) in the Tools folder. If you do a google search for DDMS Android, you should find a decent guide on installing/using it.

OP
yearn

yearn

Reaction score
The only application in the market that does screenshots requires root access.

The only way I know of doing it using the DDMS batch file in the Software Development Kit (SDK starters package) in the Tools folder. If you do a google search for DDMS Android, you should find a decent guide on installing/using it.

Cool, thanks. Ill check into it

OP
yearn

yearn

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just found an easy way to take a screenshot,
Download DXtop from the app store and assign your camera button to snap a screenshot, its really easy and theres TONs of themes out there for it

dxtop-ss-1258637861627.jpg
[/IMG]

mad3963

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just found an easy way to take a screenshot,
Download DXtop from the app store and assign your camera button to snap a screenshot, its really easy and theres TONs of themes out there for it

dxtop-ss-1258637861627.jpg
[/IMG]

I just tried this. Works great! So why can't someone write a simple app for screenshots, using whatever process dxTop uses to do this?

sebgonz

Reaction score
I like the android SDK way best. Gives you a nice, clear image. And it's a piece of cake to use.

davidjmcconnell

Reaction score
Will any of the screenshot options discussed here -- including the SDK -- take screen shots of web pages?

I tried Home++, which requires neither rooting the phone nor installing software on my computer, but it will only take images from the desktop, not applications. It works great for that task.

altjx

Reaction score
okay, which is the exact name of dxtop? there's a million themes so i dont know what is a theme and which isnt

Shannon_VanWagner

Reaction score
Last edited:

pwjone1

Reaction score
okay, which is the exact name of dxtop? there's a million themes so i dont know what is a theme and which isnt

I believe dxTop is listed under the Marketplace as:

dxTop: Home Alternative
Access Lane, Inc. $2.99

The URL now gets you to further info:

What is dxTop?

I'm afraid though, that it won't do a regular screen capture, at least that seems to be indicated at:

General Discussion: Taking a Screenshot With dxTop

Only when dxTop has focus. So you cannot use it to capture application screens.

victoriac

Reaction score
I downloaded the dxtop app and can take a screenshot. I wish i can see the shot in my sd gallery on my phone but I can't. My other problem is when I plug my Droid into my computer the screenshot is there but my background picture doesn't come out. It comes out black but with my current icons?? Any suggestions? I am using a dxtop theme that includes wallpaper so I thought for sure it would come out. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

victoriac

Reaction score
Tried different ways to capture home screen with dxtop home. It saves the screenshot to my sd card, I can't look at them on the phone, I have to connect to computer to view but still cannot get backgrounds to show up in the picture. Is this how the app or is it my phone. Can anyone who has taken a screenshot with this app please tell me how they did it and if the background shows up on your pic. Also can you view it on the computer only? Or am I doing something wrong?

Stang68

Reaction score
Google needs to build this into the OS. Screenshots can be invaluable. Maybe if you hold the Menu button, you're prompted to take a screenshot? Put that in a 2.1 update! haha

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Open home also allows this. Just another home screen replacement.