Screen won't orient to landscape at desktop without opening keyboard

wormywyrm

Reaction score
The screen orients correctly in browser but when I am at the desktop it is always vertical and only will go horizontal when i pull down keyboard. How do I fix this? It is really annoying :-(

Edit: My phone is brand new so maybe its the default setting or something?

tktouch12

Reaction score
thats how it is. the only way to get the homescreen to go landscape is to open the keyboard. nothing you can do about it. sorry

OP
wormywyrm

wormywyrm

Reaction score
:icon_eek: So it was intentional?

Theres not an app to fix this or something is there? I like having my screen sideways :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

dhuism2

Reaction score
I feel like people started noticing this at the same time, so it's entirely possible. I'm really quite sure that the homescreen rotated.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had the Droid since the day it was released and have read about 20 different threads asking this same exact question. It does not rotate without opening the keyboard and this is what Motorola and Google intended.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Screen never rotated to landscape while on home screen. JthankG hit the nail on the head, it was never Google/Motorola's intention to do this.

You can have this function however, by using home replacement(s). Home++, PandaHome, GDE, DxTop.

All of these apps will give added functionality to your home screens and allow them to rotate to landscape :)

markmicallef

Reaction score
Like Martin said

755164367_G9EnA-M.png

OP
wormywyrm

wormywyrm

Reaction score
Okay cool I am going to try Home++. Dang and I JUST got my desktop how I liked it (besides this problem)... :p!

OP
wormywyrm

wormywyrm

Reaction score
Okay I tried Home++ but it has the exact same problem still. Its sorta neat, I think I will stick with the original Home though probably.

I have the feeling that apps can't fix this problem?

Harrybub

Reaction score
Okay I tried Home++ but it has the exact same problem still. Its sorta neat, I think I will stick with the original Home though probably.

I have the feeling that apps can't fix this problem?

With Home++ go to Preferences/Screen Settings and check the Orientation setting to "follow system orientation settings in sound & display"

It will then switch to landscape mode when you rotate the phone.

HB

OP
wormywyrm

wormywyrm

Reaction score
I am looking at the app Timeriffic, and someone named Adam posted on its comments saying that his phone used to go into landscape mode just from tilting, and after installing timeriffic now he has to open the keyboard. I do not have timriffic, but do you guys think one of my apps could be to blame for this problem? Or maybe adam just made a mistake.

OP
wormywyrm

wormywyrm

Reaction score
Oh okay it is working now, whoot, Home++ got it to work :)