Screen went black, now nothing..

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
So my wife was about to play WWF and when she opened the app the screen went black but the 4 buttons on the bottom stayed lit up. Tried turning it off and pulling the battery but nothing worked. Any ideas??

Wayneb02

Reaction score
You just lost everything. Have to do a hard reset. Hold the power and volume down button to turn on and follow the directions

OP
Blayzejlm

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
Do I have to hold down the buttons till the screen comes on or hold them down till the directions comes up?

Wayneb02

Reaction score
When it happened top me I held it down til the directions came up. So I'm not really sure when you are technically supposed to let go

OP
Blayzejlm

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
Did the samething happen to you in the same kinda way?

Wayneb02

Reaction score
It happened to me twice. Both times during a reboot. And both times I had different apps to toggle my ringer from sound/vibrate/silent. And both times it was on silent. At least that's the only thing I can think of that was the same both times

Wayneb02

Reaction score
Btw I haven't downloaded another sound toggle app and I haven't had the problem anymore

Big Cam

Reaction score

Wayneb02

Reaction score
The rebooting is an issue. But the black screen isn't. That is apps conflicting with the phone.

Big Cam

Reaction score
The rebooting is an issue. But the black screen isn't. That is apps conflicting with the phone.
You've been drinking the Verizon Kool Aid. It is not a conflict with apps. To test this I did a hard reset on my phone, and did not download a single app, 4 days later I tryed to reboot it, and I got the black screen, others have also verified this. That was my first thought the first time I got the black screen too.

CutterStark

Reaction score
On my third LG Revo, after working without a hitch for several months, just got the blank screen/lighted buttons/vibrate thing on start up. It was after I turned it off, I believe with a low battery. Wouldn't do a hard reset either. Taking the SIM card out and starting up at least gets me back to a hard reset (and Clockwork Mod). Third phone from Verizon, same problem each time. Yes I rooted, but different ROM each time. Returned the rooted phones to Verizon without a problem BTW. I have been unable to convince Verizon to give me a different phone even after the same problem with three. If anyone else figures out how to get a different phone from Verizon, please post.

Big Cam

Reaction score
On my third LG Revo, after working without a hitch for several months, just got the blank screen/lighted buttons/vibrate thing on start up. It was after I turned it off, I believe with a low battery. Wouldn't do a hard reset either. Taking the SIM card out and starting up at least gets me back to a hard reset (and Clockwork Mod). Third phone from Verizon, same problem each time. Yes I rooted, but different ROM each time. Returned the rooted phones to Verizon without a problem BTW. I have been unable to convince Verizon to give me a different phone even after the same problem with three. If anyone else figures out how to get a different phone from Verizon, please post.
That's what sucks for us, obviously we are past the return period so we are stuck with this. The LG moderator on the LG forum keeps promising me 2.3 soon, and I'm hoping the reason it's taking so long is because they are fixing this issue. I'd kill for a Galaxy Nexus and if I wasn't married, I'd sell my REVO for whatever I could get and drop the cash for an unlocked Nexus. All we can do is wait for LG to do the right thing, unfortunetly they've lost my business forever, and I'll be telling everyone I know to stay clear of anything LG.

holla420

Reaction score
I was having problems w/my revo.I called Verizon told them the problem all they wanted to do was send an replacement.I told them I'm unhappy w/the phone and I'm stuck w/it for 2yrz.the verizon Rep understood and I'm recieveing a different phone.maybe I got luck :D

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

Big Cam

Reaction score
I was having problems w/my revo.I called Verizon told them the problem all they wanted to do was send an replacement.I told them I'm unhappy w/the phone and I'm stuck w/it for 2yrz.the verizon Rep understood and I'm recieveing a different phone.maybe I got luck :D

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

Who did you call to get this and how many supervisors did you have to get escalated too?

holla420

Reaction score
I called customer service.and only took 1 supervisor.only thing had to wait 48 hours for the dude approval.no escalated call I'm thinking the guy knew how fail the phone is..lol