Screen unresponsiveness

kmo

Reaction score
You've got to be kidding me, do people really have nothing better to do in their lives. WOW.... :icon_rolleyes:

JCo352

Reaction score
Read my second reply. Maybe its not the phone.

Yes, I read it, but that doesn't seem to be the case. He did the same test with a Moto Droid, and a HTC Droid Eris. If he was the problem, then it wouldn't work for any of the phones.

That would be true...if they were all the same touchscreen and they are not. Different manufacturers and tech.

I was thinking this as well, but the Droid Eris, and Incredible, are both made by HTC. I guess this falls under different tech. I really don't know all the hardware components that went into either phone, so it's hard to say.

kmo

Reaction score
Most of us sane people carry and use our phones in our hands right? So, what's the point here? I actually tried my phone out on several surfaces after seeing this, (don't ask me why, curious) and guess what? I did not have any issues operating my screen. I just have to laugh about this one... So now what, we're going to start returning our Incredible's because they don't function on a piece of styrofoam? DUMB.:r_c:

JCo352

Reaction score
Most of us sane people carry and use our phones in our hands right? So, what's the point here? I actually tried my phone out on several surfaces after seeing this, (don't ask me why, curious) and guess what? I did not have any issues operating my screen. I just have to laugh about this one... So now what, we're going to start returning our Incredible's because they don't function on a piece of styrofoam? DUMB.:r_c:

Dude, you're missing the entire point, the phone should work when placed on any surface. Also the caption of the video states, it is tested on styrofoam to simulate the worst possible scenario.

kmo

Reaction score
I don't think so, there is no point. When is the last time you placed your phone on styrofoam and tried to use it? Please.... This is so ridiculous I refuse respond to any more of this nonsense. Have fun, in the real world I will continue to use my INC like a normal person and enjoy it until I move on to something new....

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
I don't think so, there is no point. When is the last time you placed your phone on styrofoam and tried to use it? Please.... This is so ridiculous I refuse respond to any more of this nonsense. Have fun, in the real world I will continue to use my INC like a normal person and enjoy it until I move on to something new....

actually on the INC forum a guy posted a vid of his INC in his dock in his car.. thats legit, i guess.. otherwise im with you.. since i dont use a car dock or styrofoam, this doesnt apply to me... but i tested mine on my inc box and bed.. mines responsive. :icon_ banana:

OP
R

r7av7en7

Reaction score
interesting, I had my room mate try the same tests with his incredible, we had the same result, even if it was simply sitting on the couch cushion it would not work unless you were touching the side. Definitely a weird issue.

What's with all the haters/trolls, geez if it doesn't matter to you don't respond to the thread.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
interesting, I had my room mate try the same tests with his incredible, we had the same result, even if it was simply sitting on the couch cushion it would not work unless you were touching the side. Definitely a weird issue.

What's with all the haters/trolls, geez if it doesn't matter to you don't respond to the thread.

when did you get your phone..?? pre-order or??

i did a preorder.. i put my phone on my bed comforter and do not see unresponsive issues at all..

OP
R

r7av7en7

Reaction score

i did a preorder.. i put my phone on my bed comforter and do not see unresponsive issues at all..

I picked mine up at the vzw store on launch day

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score

I picked mine up at the vzw store on launch day

a guy on the INC forum is comparing Hardware versions.. i suppose its worth a shot to compare ours:

1. Go to Phone and Dial ##778
  2. Choose View mode
  3. Press Display
  4. Scroll down to hardware version
I have hardware 0002, id be interested in knowing if you have something different.

OP
R

r7av7en7

Reaction score
I did, I noticed it when my phone was on the couch next to me, I tried to unlock it and couldn't until I picked it up. I really didn't think too much about it at the time, but once I saw the video I figured it was worthy to seek out.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
take it back if it bothers you.. i would. its def. an issue.. and you are affected..

bring styrofoam with you ;) jk had to ... seriously tho, i would bring it back and would ask for a new phone, no refurb.

OP
R

r7av7en7

Reaction score
Might be kinda hard to return right now, since there are no more left until the 4th hehe. I more than likely will though, once stores get stock back in.