Screen unresponsiveness

Dream

Reaction score
Tested this out last night and do not have the issue at all. You def. have a defective unit I would say.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok gave this a shot myself, an I didn't have the issue. It did get me to thinking tho. I have a Samsung 5271 TV, that the only way you can turn it on is by touch. Whats funny is that I can turn it on fine, but the touch won't recognize my cousin's input for whatever reason.

So I did the styrofoam issue with him.........work's fine for me......but for him, his input is not recognized. I just laughed at him and told him it was cause I eat HolyGrain cereal.

My theory: Styrofoam can carry static electricity an I believe this has something to do with it. Some touch screen recognize electric impulses, and someone with a high resistance to static electricity could be the cause.

For my next experiment, I'm going to pour water into a plate, place my Incredible in it. and see if it responds :).

Last edited:
OP
R

r7av7en7

Reaction score
Ok gave this a shot myself, an I didn't have the issue. It did get me to thinking tho. I have a Samsung 5271 TV, that the only way you can turn it on is by touch. Whats funny is that I can turn it on fine, but the touch won't recognize my cousin's input for whatever reason.

So I did the styrofoam issue with him.........work's fine for me......but for him, his input is not recognized. I just laughed at him and told him it was cause I eat HolyGrain cereal.

My conclusion: Styrofoam can carry static electricity an I believe this has something to do with it. Some touch screen recognize electric impulses, and someone with a high resistance to static electricity could be the cause.

For my next experiment, I'm going to pour water into a plate, place my Incredible in it. and see if it responds :).

While styrofoam may hold static electricity, that wouldn't explain my hat, my couch, my bed and a pillow, all of which caused the problem.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

My theory: Styrofoam can carry static electricity an I believe this has something to do with it. Some touch screen recognize electric impulses, and someone with a high resistance to static electricity could be the cause.

While styrofoam may hold static electricity, that wouldn't explain my hat, my couch, my bed and a pillow, all of which caused the problem.

I never stated that it was just styrofoam. Positive and negative static charges can be in a lot of materials, some of the ones you stated might have them.
I highly doubt its a phone issue after the video shows he has 2 replacement phones with the same issue.

I have fixed my first post to theory...to better reflect what I meant.

Last edited:

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So it was the user, as I thought?

Capacitive has issues with some people. Thats what it will never completely take over before its completely replaced by something better.

IMO, anyway.