Screen turns off when phone rings

pcpimp

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been having a small issue when i get phone calls (before i'm in the call, while it is ringing). Usually, the screen will turn off, and when i tap the power button, it takes 10-15 seconds for the screen to show up again, this often results in missed calls since i'm not able to slide the "answer call" area. I'm fairly positive that it's not related to the proximity sensor, as i assume that only enables once the call is picked up.

Has anyone else seen this before?

This was posted on the MIUI.us forum. By Djuniah Screen turns off when phone rings
Does anyone here have any ideas?

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hello,I've been having a small issue when i get phone calls (before i'm in the call, while it is ringing). Usually, the screen will turn off, and when i tap the power button, it takes 10-15 seconds for the screen to show up again, this often results in missed calls since i'm not able to slide the "answer call" area. I'm fairly positive that it's not related to the proximity sensor, as i assume that only enables once the call is picked up.Has anyone else seen this before?This was posted on the MIUI.us forum. By Djuniah Screen turns off when phone ringsDoes anyone here have any ideas?
Are you running any themes? Default kernel?

OP
pcpimp

pcpimp

Reaction score
Are you running any themes? Default kernel?

Yes darkr47z theme with custom lockscreen Samsung GS Transparent. No custom kernel. But that made me think could be lockscreen theme? maybe?

Daballa

Reaction score
Same here. Chevy lv 1.1, themed mms and lockscreen no other theme on rest of rom.

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Good thing to test anytime you notice issue w/ miui is go back to stock theme and see if issue is still there.

struddles

Reaction score
Screen Off

I have the exact same problem as you guys do. When I get a call the screen is off. I found that my fix was to just rub my finger over the sensor near the ear phone (on the left side of it) and the screen comes on instantly.

Same theme as you guys.

OP
pcpimp

pcpimp

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem as you guys do. When I get a call the screen is off. I found that my fix was to just rub my finger over the sensor near the ear phone (on the left side of it) and the screen comes on instantly.

Same theme as you guys.

Cool! Good find thanks! and to confirm I do still have the problem with default theme.

nu2droid

Reaction score
I have read, if you are using SetCpu or something, try setting you minimun speed a little higher. It supposedly helps the phone ramp up faster.
I am using Chevys med volt 1.1 with no theme and the min set at 250, and I experience it maybe half the time.

1FZFE

Reaction score
I had the same issue a couple of days ago. I was running chevy's 1.1 LV kernel and a themed lockscreen at the time. I have since gone back to the default kernel but kept the theme and it appears to have resolved itself. Time will tell.

OP
pcpimp

pcpimp

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the AWESOME ideas!!!