Screen timing out

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
For some odd reason my screen isn't timing out anymore. I've switched settings and nothing it just stays on. Has this happened to anyone else before?

Sent from my DROID3

Shimmy549

Reaction score
Someone here posted about the opposite problem (screen wouldn't stay on) a few days ago.

Are you rooted? If so, do you have a backup you can restore to?

Another option would be Tasker. It's an app in the Android Market that can help you modify all kinds of settings. Unfortunately, it costs a few bucks. Since I already have it, I would probably create a task to shut down my screen after so many minutes and see if it overrides my native settings. If that didn't work, I'd back up and restore. Actually, I'd probably back up and restore even if it did work because I don't want Tasker running unnecessarily.

Just a couple ideas for you.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Yes im rooted. Thanks but I just did a battery pull. Before I just rebooted I guess they aren't the same thing after all. I still should make a back up.

Sent from my DROID3

symphonia

Reaction score
I haven't had the problem of my phone not timing out on the home screen. However, I HAVE had it not time out on the start screen (where you swipe to unlock). This has been a big problem, because if it happens with the phone in my pocket, it drains my battery like crazy. Once I power off and on it is better for a while, but then it eventually becomes a problem again. Is this what you are experiencing? Anyone know how to fix this?